Bump After Rhinoplasty Revision Ear Cartilage Graft?

I had a rhinoplasty revision with ear cartilage 2weeks ago.This is my third surgery.I was born with a bump on the bridge of my nose that's why i decided to have a rhinoplasty ,that surgery turned out great cosmetically speaking,but I couldn't breathe so i decided to get that fix.The second surgery didn't help at all so I went to a facial surgeon and he did a rhinoplasty revision with my ear cartilage,but now my nose looks big with a bump on the bridge. Is it going to stay like that forever?

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+1

It s too early to tell if the bump will persist. Your Skin is still swollen and often cartilage grafts will soften and shrink somewhat with time. Give it several months to settle.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

IMHO of performing Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 25 years, ear cartilage folded and placed along the nasal bridge dissolves unevenly with time.  This maybe the source of the lump you see.  If that is the case the ear cartilage would need to be replaced with a more stable and reliable nasal dorsal implant made of silastic.  

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you either had spreader grafts or a butterfly graft. Since your only 2 weeks post op, I wouldnt worry too much. Give yourself at least 4 to 6 months for the swelling to resolve.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS