How Soon After a Flight Can I Get Schlerotherapy on Lower Legs?

I have a long flight to Asia from US. How soon can I get schlero on ankles and calves of one leg after flight?

Most times Sclerotherapy can be done as soon as 1 day after flying.

+2

Sclerotherapy can be done 1 day after flying in most cases.  Usually you need 3-6 sessions at 1 month apart and at a cost of $350-450 per session.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Immediately.

+1

I do not give any time restrictions after flying to receive sclerotherapy but  I do not recommend flying or driving over 2 hours straight for 2 weeks after sclerotherapy.

Naples General Surgeon

Scleroteraphy after a plane trip

+1

we ask our patients to ovoid plane trips at least one week after the treatment but we do not have any restriction on flying before the treatment. normally, depending on how extensive is the problem, we recommend 4 to 6 sessions and the cost is $450.00 per session.

Manhattan General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy after plane travel

+1

you should certainly not have airplane travel immediately after leg vein injections but should you travel and then have the leg veins injected there should be no conflict. However, if you unfortunately develop a coincidental blood clot in your leg from the prolonged airplane travel, it may not be discovered for a week or more after your travel and then the sclerotherapy might be blamed in error.

Air travel, airplanes and scerotherapy of spider or varicose veins

+1

Sclerotherapy can vary in magnitude from small spider veins to extensive treatment of larger and deeper veins using ultrasound guidance. While the former could theoretically be performed on a limited basis immediately prior or subsequent to air travel, the latter may be contra-indicated for as long as the clot is present in the deeper veins.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.