Will Lumps Go Away After Facelift and Necklift Surgery?

i am now 5 weeks after my operation and have had a 2nd opinion from my doctor regarding lump on side of neck ,, he says its a hematoma, and will go away by itself. the first doctor i seen says it was (just the healing process) but will gradually go away by itself .. is this possible ?? the lump is not hot now but a little uncomfortable ,,, my jawline has really improved with the lift . i had operation done in prague so cant go and see my surgeon although have emailed and they say i look fine xx

Lumps 5 Weeks After Facelift Should Resolve With Massage

It is not uncommon to have lumps under the skin following facelift surgery. Usually these lumps are collections of blood under the skin.

If they occur in the first few days, are expanding or painful, they should be removed or drained.

However, lumps that appear weeks after surgery are usually clotted blood which is not easy to remove. Typically massage and time (as much as 6 months) will help them resolve.