How Soon After Having Coolsculpting Would I See Measurable Results?

Could the full results take as long as 4 months to see? Why?

8 weeks for sure

+5

While some people claim to see results in as soon as 3 weeks, it normally takes eight weeks to see measurable results.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Best results from Coolsculpting take ~3 months

+2

Coolsculpting results take about about 2-4 months.  Coolsculpting works by injuring fat cells.  The injured fat cells then undergo programmed cell death and are flushed away by the body.  This process takes time, but the results are real and measurable.      

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Typically 2-3 months

+1
Some patients see improvement in about 2-3 weeks, but for the best results it may take 2-3 months. We normally recommend to repeat the treatment in 3 months for better fat reduction in the same area. Coolsculpting is not a weight loss solution and works the best on stubborn fat on stomach or flanks that will not go away with diet and exercise. With each treatment patients lose 25% of the fat permanently, resulting on smoother, firmer and more contoured body.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Final Results for CoolSculpting: Wait 3-4 Months

+1

When patients undergo coolsculpting it may take several months to see a result. Most patients are able to see their final results in about 3 to 4 months after the procedure. Following the procedure cells respond slowly to injury and gradually undergo cryolipolysis. This accounts for the delayed clinical response to coolsculpting.

Patient selection also plays a role in the post-operative response to coolsculpting. When patients have small localized fat collections, responses tend to be more noticeable then when patients have large amounts of fat.

It’s important to be patient following coolsculpting. Given adequate time most patients are very happy with the results from this procedure. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How long will it take to see results?

+1
In properly selected patients, the CoolSculpting procedure results in a noticeable, measurable reduction in fat bulges in two to four months. Some patients have appreciated changes beginning as early as 3 weeks after a procedure. What are the results? -----"Clinical studies demonstrate that the Zeltiq Procedure provides noticeable, measurable fat reduction in properly selected patients over the course of two to four months after the procedure. Additional Zeltiq Procedures may be administered two to four months after the initial procedure to achieve more fat reduction. "

Jay Burns, MD

How soon will results be seen after CoolSculpting

+1

Sometimes results can be seen as early as 4 weeks after your procedure, but full results can take up to 12 weeks. The procedure causes fat cell death and it takes your body some time to dispose of those fat cells gradually.

Multiple treatments can also be required in one area to see a more noticeable result. About 20-25% of fat cells are reduced with one treatment normally.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Results after CoolSculpting

+1

The earliest you may start to see results after CoolSculpting would be 3-4 weeks, though it takes a full 3-4 months to see the final result. We always recommend at least 2-3 treatments, 1-2 months apart for best results.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting Results

+1

You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

How Long to See CoolSculpting Results

+1

CoolSculpting is the greatest advance in fat removal since the advent of tumescent liposuction.  I really love the machine and the results that can be achieved.  With that said really the only downside is the length of time it takes to see 100% of the results.  I don't mind saying that I used the machine on my abdomen and flanks.  I didn't notice anything until about 3-4 weeks. 

It took about 3 1/2 weeks to see the entire result.  Although the initial laboratory results demonstrated 100% reduction by 3 months it seems that, clinically, we are seeing results out to 4 months in some patients.  So continue on your diet and exercise program.  This is important because weight gain can diminish the result if you gain weight in the area you had CoolSculpted.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Measureable results from Coolsculpting

+1

In our practice we see measureable results by 8 weeks and usually explain that those findings represent 80% of the response. Patients may see another 20% reduction in fat over the ensuing 2-3 months.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon