Can Coolsculpting Only Be Done by Doctors and What Are the Qualifications Needed?

Coolsculpting Credentials

+1
Zeltiq is very careful on which physicians or centers are allowed to treat patients with Coolsculpting. The treatments can only be performed by the physician or under direct supervision of the physician.

Qualified CoolSculpting Practicioners

+1

Only accredited doctors and treatment centers can perform the procedure. To find a doctor near you, go to the CoolSculpting website. They have a "Find a Center" link to connect you with doctors in your area. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Physcians that are certified by Coolsculpting

+1

Physician centers that are certified mean that Coolsculpting has trained the physician extensively, physicians have experience with many patients and also the physician has taken tests to demonstrate proficiency with patients. Look for the certified Coolsculpting logo.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool sculpting done by Doctors?

+1

The cool sculpting machines have been sold to physicians who are trained to perform the procedure. Under physician supervision,  medical personnel can then perform the procedure.

CoolSculpting is sold By Zeltiq to physicians not spas

+1

Physicians and their staff are trained by the Zeltiq company to treat patients. As a physician, I consult on my patients and determine if they are a candidate for the CoolSculpting and direct my assistants on the exact areas to treat, which I measure with templates and mark. The assistants apply the correct applicator and the treatment is then done but I supervise the assistants. I also follow up with my patients with appointments to evaluate their progress.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Who is qualified to perform CoolSculpting?

+1

CoolSculpting is only performed in physicians offices.  Each and every physician must be trained in performing and  choosing appropriate patients who would benefit from this procedure.  Every physician has the option to manage their practice as they best see fit and some will delegate the actual performance of the procedure to staff members. If you go to CoolSculpting.com they will have a list of practice in your area that perform this procedure and on this list their will be selected practices that are "CoolSculpting Certified Practices" that underwent additional training and certification above and beyond the normal training. 

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist