Why the Zeltiq Treatment Sill Leaves Visible Bumps on the Tummy?

Hello, I looked at the pictures of pre- and post-op treatment with Zeltiq. I have seen uneven spots and bumps, unfortunately. My question is how it is possible at all? My understanding is that the cryolipolisis, as a non-invasive technique, should not leave any bumps on the surface, mainly because the method kills fat cells by freezing them, so that they die the natural way and destroy themselves, while the surviving cells contract each other, thus no uneven spots would be possible.How come?

Irregularities after Coolsculpting

+1

Irregularities in fat distribution following Coolsculpting is possible but uncommon. Typically results are excellent, symmetric and smooth. Repeat treatment and other procedures can help if irregularities persist.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven areas after Coolsculpting

+1

It is difficult to give advice without photos or an examination.... but give yourself time to heal.  No procedure is 100% perfect but this procedure has shown nice results in patients.  If you are concerned, I would suggest asking the advice of the doctor where you had the procedure performed.

It may be that with time as you heal, things will improve.

CoolSculpting normally produces smooth results during fat reduction

+1

CoolSculpting does reduce the fat in a smooth manner but with any fat reduction technique, including liposuction, there is a chance that there can be an unmasking of cellulite that preexists the treatment but is more noticable after the treatment as the surrounding fat shrinks. We have not seen this yet in our Zeltiq CoolSculpting patients yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bumps after CoolSculpting?

+1

Its hard to say what's going on without photos.  Perhaps you can post some before and after pictures?  One question I would have is how long has it been since you had your treatment?  Maybe its been too soon and the results are still a work in progress.  One of the nice things about the patients I have performed CoolSculpting on is that it gives a very natural appearing reduction of the fat so you seem to be having an unusual result.  If the problem persists I would advise you speak to the physician who performed your treatment.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq expected to leave smooth contour after fat reduction

+1

Dear Writer, the CoolSculpting by Zeltiq procedure is expected to leave a smooth contour after fat reduction. At our center, we have performed over 1,500 treatments and never witnessed this as an end result. An important question would be to know how long ago your treatment was performed. By two months, the area of fat layer reduction should be looking very smooth. Early on in the first few weeks, however, sometimes small lumps may develop which always go away as the fatty cells are removed. We have had one case of such lumps in more than 1,500 treatments. The patient had excellent results and no long term side effects. However, keep in mind that if your abdominal fatty tissue was relatively large or extensive, you will need more than one treatment and perhaps a combination of applicators, with possibly subsequent treatments applied to surrounding areas of remaining excess fatty tissue. Please consult your provider in order to evaluate all these possibilities. Just like with liposuction, to respectfully apply this analogy, the canulas and areas of fat suctioning have to be placed at various points and directed in various ways/orientations in order to achieve smooth results. I hope this information was helpful. Please call your provider to discuss your concerns and ultimately achieve the smooth results you were looking for. Best, Dr. Leyda Bowes from Miami.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon