Is AFT Photofacials Supposed to Be So Painful That You Cry Throughout the Entire Nightmare?

I had the procedure done and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced and I have given birth 7 times! Nobody seems to be talking about how painful it is...

It should not be as painful as you describe.  We apply a numbing cream to the treated area prior to treatment.  We also using a cool air device while administering the laser.  At most, it should feel like a hot rubberband snap to the skin. 

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Painful photofacials

Quite simply, NO! it should not be that bad at all. At most, in the most pigmented areas it should feel like a light rubberband snap. You should not be crying through the procedure. In my office, I am all about comfort. I give all of my patients topical numbing cream before any laser or light procedures, and we use a cold air chiller to also help pre-numb the areas being treated, and increase the depths the light travels to for more effective treatments. Even without those though, back in the old days of lasers, I never had patients crying. My office has done over 130,000 Photofacial procedures.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117