I'm Afraid Having a Brazilian Butt Lift Will Kill Me?

So I already had the BBL, just wanted to go back for a round two..but ever since my surgery I have heard of people dying from fat embolisms, or dying because the doc hit an artery while liposuctioning. What are the chances of those two things really happening??

Death after surgery from Brazilian Butt lift

+2

There is no question that all surgical procedures carry some risk.  The job of your plastic surgeon is to minimize that risk.  All surgery must be tempered with judgment.  There is such a thing as too much surgery.

For the average buttock augmentation the risk of hitting an artery or fat embolism is extraordinarily low.  Fortunately I have not seen these complications in over 15 years in practice.

Be sure you entrust your care to a board certified plastic surgeon. Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient surgery in an accredited center.

Good luck if you choose to proceed. 

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Complcations of Brazilian Butt Lift.....

+2

Fortunately, these risks are very rare. I have performed this procedure several hundred times and never seen any of these complications.  They are always possible but fortunately rare!
Because of these risks, as rare as they are, I will only perform procedures like this at my local hospital.  You get to spend the night in a private room, with all of the medical specialists the hospital has to offer available just in case there were any problems.  The additional fee is only about $200 to be able to spend the night.  Its a great deal for your safety, comfort and piece of mind.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD