Fat Transfer to Buttocks. How Painful/Extensive is This Experience?

Hi doctors, would highly appreciate any inputs. I am considering getting lipo on my tummy, inner and outer thighs and get the fat transferred to the buttocks. I have a butt but i just want it more round and shapely. i asked my doctor if he could use tumescent with sedation rather than general but he said it is not possible since it is an extensive procedure and half. I read from other women's experience that it is very painful afterwards. how true is this? please advice me. i am 56kg and 153cm

Buttock Augmentation Options

+2

Allow me to share with you what you may not hear from others.  Currently the only two safe and effective methods for Buttock Augmentation are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks, aka "Brazilian Butt Lift") and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants). Because of the safety of general anesthesia nowadays, I prefer to do both procedures this way as it makes for a clearly more efficient surgical procedure.  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, predictable, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I personally recommend either the round or the oval shaped implants dependent upon the natural anatomic shape of the patient's buttock cheeks.  The implant is typically inserted through a 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the top of the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.  Additionally, in this type of surgeons hands the often quoted "high risks" of complications especially infection are actually much lower around 5%. Hope this helps...RAS

Pain association with Fat Transfer to Buttocks

+1

The level of discomfort will be based on the anesthesia used and the scope of the surgery. Our patients do not suggest that there is any greater discomfort with liposuction and butt lift as opposed to liposuction alone. During the consultation process, the surgeon should be able to prepare you for the level of discomfort that you will face.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS