Fat Deposits on Forehead

I just saw a doctor who said I have "Adipose tissue deposits" on my forehead. These raised fatty deposits are really depressing me and I want them removed. Please give me any type of advice you might have for adipose tissue deposits and how to remove them. I just want a smooth forehead. Can liposuction be used. thanks!!

Fatty tissue mass of forehead

+1

If you have an isolated fatty deposit on your forehead or scalp, usually direct excision is the way to go.

Fatty forehead

+1

Other than the areas directly beneatht the brow and the area just above the eyelid is the only locale in which I would remove fat.

Forehead fat deposits should be removed surgically not by liposuction

+1

First make sure the lump is in fact a fatty deposit. Then it is best to remove with a small incision. A surgeon accustomed to working on the face will be able to do this very nicely. Liposuction is not the right tool for this for several reasons - including risks, inadequate or uneven removal, and if it is in fact a lipoma (fatty tumor), it will likely regrow unless the capsule is removed.   

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Lipoma

+1

If the fullness on your forehead is truly fat, it can be removed. I would consider surgery, using a hairline approach so there is no visible scar left on your forehead. I would remove the fatty tissue mass directly by excision rather than liposuction in this particular area. 

Treatment of forehead lipoma.

+1

We do this thru an irregular trchophytic incision that we developed 30 years ago. The hair will grow thru the incision and your hairline can remain the same or lowered if you so desire. This is better than in the hair.

Forehead lipomas (fat deposits) are small and uncommon

+1

Liposuction in the forehead is a hazard and few would ever recommend it. A fat deposit on the forehead or frontal lipoma usually presents as a small soft coin like bump, almost cyst like. They are deep to the forehead muscle and can be simply removed (not with liposuction). Your picture does not look like a fat deposit, though it may be the case, we suggest a study of the area, CT scan perhaps, to confirm what is going on and how to correct it.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Excision is better than liposuction

+1

If this is a Lipoma liposuction will not entirely remove it and you will have an irregular mass . An incision at or behind the hairline can be used to remove the mass. MRI scans would probable help to identify the plane of dissection but more important to help determine what it is.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Forehead subgaleal lipoma

+1
Most fatty deposits in the forehead are benign submuscular lipomas. It is not necessarily what you have but if that ia confirmed then excision is better than liposuction as some of the lipomas would probably remain after liposuction and have a good chance of enlarging in the future. An excision might be done through a small forehead incision. Or an incision in the scalp which a plastic surgeon might be able to do even endoscopically as forehead lifts can be done but with special removal instruments.

Forehead lipomas are fairly common and require careful evaluation and management.

+1

Forehead lipomas are soft bulges that grow very slowly. I reviewed your photo, and I cannot tell if this is your condition without examining you. When I suspect a forehead lipoma, I will typically order a non-contrast head-CT-scan to confirm the diagnosis, and to check the depth of the lesion.

In my experience, forehead lipomas have been deep to the periosteum (lining of the forehead bone). So surgery may involve going through skin, then fat, then muscle, and then through periosteum to reach the lipoma and dissect it free.

Horizontal forehead incisions have healed favorably, though yours may be larger than most. Care must be taken not to injure the frontal branch of the facial nerve, as that could lead to forehead paralysis. In that regard, you should a consult a reputable facial plastic surgeon familliar with forehead anatomy before proceeding. I have no personal experience with liposuction for this condition.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4044

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

No liposuction in forehead.

+1

Hi.

You may have a fatty tumor (lipoma) under the frontalis muscle in the forehead, and this can be removed with a scar behind your hairline, so it's not visible. You need a CT scan to be sure.

But avoid liposuction here, which can damage muscles and nerves, and does not completely remove the bulge anyway.