Is It Possible to Get an Hourglass Figure Through Surgery?

right now I have a rectangular/straight shape,I heard breast implants and liposuction can make an hourlgass figure, so can i go from a rectangular figure to an hourglass figure through surgery?

Possible

+1
You'd probably want to select a treatment that creates curves by adding, rather than taking away. For an hourglass figure, think about adding volume to your breasts and hips/buttocks. Breast augmentation and a butt lift with fat transplantation (aka Brazilian Butt Lift) can help. Talk to your surgeon - I'm sure they'll be able to recommend a suitable treatment for you during a consultation.

Hourglass Figure?

+1

The operation that is “best"  for you will be  based on your exact goals and physical examination. For example, “seeking a  hourglass figure” may mean different things to different people;  communication with your plastic surgeon in person is critical. If there is a failure to communicate exactly your goals are there is a high likelihood that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery. Some patients may achieve the results with liposuction surgery,  some patients may require an extended tummy tuck to achieve their goals.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Hourglass figure

+1

You have not stated if you have had children or not. A tummy tuck with muscle plication can help to give the appearance of an hourglass figure along with a brazilian butt lift and implants.

Body shape with surgery

+1

Implants can definitely bring out the upper body especially if someone's lower body is a bit pear shaped. Liposuction sometimes can narrow the hips to give more of an hour glass appearance.

Body shape after Liposuction and Breast Augmentation

+1

Dramatic improvements in body contour can be achieved with Liposuction  and Breast Augmentation. Every patient is built differently, so to say an Hourglass shape will result is difficult without an exam. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who will be able to tell you expected results for your frame so that you have realistic expectations.

Hayley Brown, MD

Hourglass shape after liposuction.

+1

It is not possible to say how much can be achieved with liposuction and implants without seeing photos. The excess fat can be removed and the breasts made larger, but this may only improve your body, since your ribs and hip bones are fixed in size.

Hourglass figure

+1

Certainly if you do nothing, your figure will not change.  I would hesitate to use the word hourglass figure, but you can improve your figure with possible breast implants with or without liposuction to make yourself as good as you can be.

See your surgeon for a consultation.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

An hourglass figure after liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a very effective contouring procedure to slim the waist and hip. The shape of the waist, or the hourglass figure will depend on the space between the ribs and the hip bone, longer in taller individuals, shorter in petites. The shape of the waist is also influenced by pregnancy which will cause a subtle flair of the hip, and a flair of the lower ribcage. Test what you have at home, and place your fingers along your sides on top of the hip bone and feel the room to the lower edge of the ribs. The more space the better.

peterejohnsonmd

Surgical Hourglass Figure

+1

An hourglass figure can occasionally be created with an abdominoplasty/ liposuction and breast implants. This is dependent on your anatomy and present body fat composition. This cannot be accomplished if you have too much fat around your bowel or if you have too little space between your hips and ribs. You need a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Hourglass figure

+1

you may not be able to obtain an hourglass figure if there is an iliac flare, or wide hip bones. without examining you it is impossible to answer your question with certainty.

Ronald Shelton, MD