Best Acne Scar Treatment for Pregnant Women?

My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant. Can you recommend a Acne scar treatment that won't harm our chances of pregnancy and when already pregnant with the fetus? Thank you!

Acne scar treatments

+1

While the fractionated laser treatments (e.g. Fraxel re:pair, total FX) for acne scars are not harmful to the fetus, the anesthetic required for pain control, are not recommended while pregnant. Saline subcision would be a safe procedure to undergo while pregnant or planning a pregnancy. The procedure is very tolerable, involves injection of saline solution (totally harmless to the developing fetus), and predictably causes bruising (which fully resolves at 7-10 days.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist