Does Accutane Cause Sharp Stomach Pain and Digestive Issues?

I have been on Accutane for just over two months and is experiencing severe stomach pain on the left of my belly. Everytime I eat something my stomach bloat up very big. I have now stopped the drug for 5 days and it is getting slightly better. I will see my dermatologist in the next two weeks and will consult with her. However, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms? Also by me stopping the medication for the next few weeks will my ance come back?

Accutane and stomach pains

+1

My first question is whether or not you are taking your Accutane with food. Accutane is much better absorbed (and therefore works better), and more comfortable for your stomach, if you take it with food. This is key!