Keratin Treatment for Hair While on Accutane?

Keratin should be fine

+1

You are probably cautious because you have heard reports of hair loss with both keratin treatment as well as Accutane.  Accutane is a form of high-dose vitamin A which can cause hair shedding but the incidence (in my practice) is fairly low. Keratin treatments (when administered by a licensed beautician using FDA-approved products) only causes a straightening of the hair but it can make it more porous and subject to breakage in the long-term. Overall I think it would be fine to do both at once and that the odds of major hair loss with both are low.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.