I am wondering if Pregnancey can Help Correct The Lumps Left From Abdominal Lipo?

I had abdominal lipo done in October 2011. I Had It Paired with a Ba. I requested a small amount of fat be removed around my belly button only, no where else - assuming they would go in through my belly button. Unfortunately, they went in through my pubic area and ended up not being able to remove fat. I now have slight lumps on the right side of my lower abdomen that have not gone away. I am 5 months pregnant and wondering if pregnancy can help correct the lumps. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Can Pregnancy Correct Lumps Left From Abdominal Lipo?

+1

That does not sound likely to me.  Anything is possible but more likely is that you will have MORE contour irregularities after your pregnancy and the subsequent weight loss you'll have - after having your abdominal wall and tissues stretched out.  I would advise that you finish with this pregnancy and any others that you're planning and then, at that point, see a board-certified plastic surgeon in consultation to go over your options.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. e

Pregnancy after liposuction

+1

While your pregnancy may have some effect on the skin of your abdomen, I would not expect that there will be a significant improvement in your contour issues after the changes associated with your pregnancy resolve.  You may need to have some further work done to improve these issues, and you may find that you will need an abdominoplasty after the skin and muscles are stretched with your pregnancy.  Wait and see... congratulations!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely that pregnancy will correct contour irregularities generated by liposuction.

+1

The question is an interesting one. It may be that the stretching of the skin and subcutaneous fat by the expanding uterus will have an effect on the contour. I would not count on it and I would like to know how it turns out.

Liposuction results after pregnancy

+1

Contour irregularities can occur after liposuction. Liposuction is not a skin smoothing procedure. I am unclear what you mean by "not being able to remove fat", and an exam would be helpful to determine what these lumps are, such as fat or scar tissue. Regardless, weight fluctuation can affect liposuction results. I would not anticipate a long-term smoothing effect or correction of these lumps from pregnancy. However body appearances can change from pregnancy, aging, and weight changes. Contour irregularities affecting the abdomen with loose skin after childbearing is treated successfully with abdominoplasty surgery.

Hayley Brown, MD

Pregnancy and lumps after liposuction

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is doubtful that the lumps you refer to will improve with pregnancy. The lumps may represent scar tissue or fat necrosis.

I am wondering if Pregnancy can Help Correct The Lumps Left From Abdominal Lipo

+1

Although your abdomen will certainly change during pregnancy, it is doubtful that the irregularities will have any permanent improvement. But you are your own test case. 

Best luck with the pregnancies, and please follow up here if there is improvment! 

Thanks for your questions, all the best. 

Pregnancy effects on liposuction lumps

+1

With pregnancy you will likely add some adipose tissue around the midsection. In addition to the abdominal distention associated with the baby growing.  Combined, this may change the appearance or notice ability of the lumps, but probably not permanently.  As you loose your post-pregnancy weight, they may become more noticeable.  Feet your pregnancy, liposculpting, further liposuction or perhaps a tummy tuck may be indicated or desired.  Todd C. Case, M.D., F.A.C.S., Tucson, AZ

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy Correcting Liposuction Lumps

+1

It would be unusual for pregnancy to correct lumps.  However, pregnancy will definitely change the contours and look of the abdomen.  If you need a tummy tuck later, the lumps can be corrected to some degree.  Fat grafting and/or liposuction can be used to improve the area to some degree.  Most of the answer will depend upon physical exam after pregnancy.  Good luck.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA