Am I a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal?

I am only 23 and have been reading about how this procedure is not recommended if you're young, but my family has a history of chubby cheeks that stay full as they age. My biggest fear is a procedure gone wrong. Compared to other surgeries, is buccal fat removal dangerous in any way? What are the success/satisfaction rates and have you seen any that have gone poorly? (lumpy face/overly gaunt/etc). Also, what is the recovery time? thank you for your opinions!

Buccal fat reduction for chubby cheeks

+1

Buccal fat reduction may be a good option for patient with "chubby cheeks". Some people are just born with too much facial fat, which does not generally change with body weight changes.

An incision is made inside the mouth and a small amount of the buccal fat pad is removed. The procedure takes less than an hour, and recovery is pretty quick. Patients have normally not reported pain, but rather a temporary mild ache or soreness. Most patients return to work within a couple days, while some like to a week off. The "final" results generally take several weeks after swelling resolves. Most plastic surgeons prefer to take away too little fat rather than too much fat to prevent "gaunt" appearance.

Based on the photographs, you appear to be a possible candidate for buccal fat reduction. Speak with a plastic surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/facial-sculpting.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon