Best Treatment for Crows Feet Starting to Appear?

I am 42 years old and am starting to get crows' feet. When I was 39 I was always guessed to be in my 20's. I do not like how I am looking now. What should I do?

Best Treatment Options for Crows Feet

+1

First I would address the reason for crows-feet wrinkles. These type of wrinkles are often seen in patients that squint so first of all I would make sure that if you need visual correction then use glasses or contacts (if not sure, have your vision tested) and use sunglasses on bright days.  Do not smoke, use sunscreens and moisturizers.    Now for treatment options: Botox by a qualified injector is probably your best option.  For well established static wrinkle lines TCA peel, or fractional laser often helps and in extreme cases surgical procedures to reduce these also are helpful. Redundant skin may require a pinch blepharoplasty or temple/brow lift depending on your exam.  A qualified board certified aesthetic surgeon  will help you find the right treatment for you

Botox is good for Crows Feet

+1

Botox is a great option for crows feet and treating them early is great in preventing them further.  If overlying skin damage is an issue consider chemical peal or laser resurfacing.

'Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating new crows feet

+1

Dysport or Botox are great options for early crows feet lines. They stop the problem in its tracks . The muscle called the orbicularis oculi causes these wrinkles and so relaxing the muscle will go a long way in preventing them. More aggressive treatment with ablative lasers will give longer lasting results but have downtime associated with them.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist