Weight Gain to Correct Sunken Cheeks?

I'm a 21 year old male, got sunken cheeks. Will gaining weight help? I am not sure how long I have had them, this I just realized recently. My BMI is 19.2, though I seem skinny if anything.

Weight gain for sunken cheeks is advisable

+1

There is no surgery that can correct sunken cheeks in that location since that is just to the side of the mouth and is really just cheek skin. Gaining weight would be advisable.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Gain weight then consider a procedure

+1

Hello Hefty,

I agree with Dr. Lentz that fat grafting is an excellent consideration. I would also add that given your age and that you look "skinny if anything", then you should consider putting on some weight in a controlled and healthy manner. In most people your age weight gain is easily reflected in the face. Putting on some pounds may be all you need, if not then you can certainly consider the opt ion of fat injections / fillers.

Take Care,

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Fat grafting of your own fat to fill in the depressions is a great and safe procedure.

+1

While there are many fillers that one could use for filling these areas, I have had my best and long lasting results with fat grafting your own fat. It seems that even in thin patients you can find fat in the medial thighs. Make sure your surgeon has a lot of experience with the technique because it is a steep learning curve.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.