Achieving Upper Pole Fullness Possible with Smaller Breast Implants?

I was told that in order to achieve upper pole fullness restoration I'd have to get breast implants with my breast lift. It was suggested that I get a lift with 175-200cc implants below the muscle.

I've seen pictures of women who had less breast tissue than me get this size and it looks like that will be too big when added to the breast tissue I already have. All I want is to restore my upper pole fullness but definitely not go up in size (34B). Most of my breast tissue is at the bottom of my breasts. If I decided to get 110-125cc instead of 175-200cc, will that possibly achieve what I'm looking for?

Upper pole fullness is possible without implants.

+2

Although implants can add to upper pole fullness, if you do not want to be bigger, then do not have implants placed. A short scar, or vertical mastopexy can use your own tissue to augment the upper pole. I have found most women very happy with this approach. However, it is important that your surgeon uses a technique that accomplishes this. Worst case, if you later desire more upper pole fullness, then an implant can be added at a second stage. Good luck.

You just need a good internal breast lift.

+2

Most breast lifts rely on tightening the skin envelope of the breasts to make them temporarily perkier. But skin stretches, and they sag again. No upper pole fullness.

An internal or vertical breast lift shapes the breast tissue itself without relying on pulling the skin. You get long term perky shape without implants, and a lollipop scar.

Breast lift without implants

+2

You could get the results you want without implants depending upon the type of lift you have done. If you have a lift where the nipple is left attached to breast tissue from the upper part of the breast and the lower breast tissue is tucked under the breast you tend to get better upper pole fullness that tends to last.

I would recommed just the lift and then see how things look after 6 months. You may be perfectly pleased without the need for implants.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

The size of the implant depends on your body and breast size

+2

It is true that a breast lift alone will not create upper pole fullness and a small implant would be needed.

It is a little hard to know the best advice regarding implant size in your particular situation without knowing your body size and current breast size. In general, for an average sized person I find that an implant in the low to mid 200cc range provides enough upper pole fullness without increasing their cup size. I think the smaller size you are considering will likely be too little. 150 cc is only 5 ounces- a very tiny amount (less than half a soda can)

Regrading the pictures you saw of other women, remember that on a women who starts with smaller breasts, the same sized implant will have a bigger impact. In other words put 200 cc in a woman with an A cup and you get a noticeable increase while in a women starting with a D cup will be hardy any change.

So if you are an average sized woman, I would recommend 200-250 cc.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Upper Pole Fullness

+2

Most women seeking augmentation lack upper pole fullness. If you truly do not want to increase your B cup-size, then the smaller implant might work for you. Rather than looking at post-op photos of others,perhaps you should "try the implants on". This will provide you with a sense in the change of volume.

Achieving upper pole fullness with small implant.

+2

Hi Star24. It seems that you are happy with your size in a bra. Maybe you just need a really good lift, where the surgeon does a lot internal work to lift your breast tissue and shape your breast mound. I have used very small implants in patients who only needed a little bit more upper pole volume with success. Make sure you have at least 2 consults with different plastic surgeons who specialize in breast surgery. It is important to have a very good understanding of what can be achieved with a small implant and this is best done by a surgeon who examines you in person. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Upper breast pole fullness

+2

What you are describing are awfully small implants even for a surgeon who practices in the implant conservative NW. I never use implants less than 225 cc for anything. I am almost positive with implants less than 200 cc, you will not get enough upper pole accentuation that in a year, you will be disappointed.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Upper pole fullness

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what would be best for you to create  the look you want. This is something  reviewed in person. 

+1

In many instances of breast lift, a slight reduction of the lower hanging portions of the breast will mitigate the size of using a small implant to achieve upper pole fullness.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

The larger and wider the implant, the higher it will sit on your chest wall

+1

The big key to providing upper pole fullness is to use an implant with a larger base width. If you use a small high-profile implant, for example, since the implant is round and the width equals the height, it will provide less upper pole fullness than the same size of implant in a smaller profile. That being said, the key to a succesful breast lift or augmentation is to individualize implant choice (size/profile) for your needs.

I hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/breast/augmentation-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.