Breast Implant Type and Profile for Mild Sagging?

I have mild sagging. I am looking for breast implants alone, no lift. Which implant type and profile should I consider--high profile, or low profile; saline or silicone?

Implants don't "lift" the breast

+2

Regardlesss of what implant you use and whether you place it above or below the muscle, the implant won't lift a sagging breast. Unfortunately, in order to avoid the lift they need, many patients and doctors will use a larger implant than they would have wanted. This further stretches the skin and can create a ball in sock look and if they ever downsize to what size they are more comfortable with, there is even more need for lifting.

Lifting mildly sagging breasts with implants

+1

Mildly sagging breasts can be nicely lifted with high profile implants and using a duaI plane approach to breast augmentation. With a dual plane approach the upper part of the implant is under the muscle and the lower part of the implant is under the breast tissue. This allows redraping of the breast tissue over the high profile implant giving the breast a subtle lifting effect.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and profile.

+1

Generally the higher the profile, the more lift you will get. The problem with high profile implants is their potential visibilty particularly in a thin small breasted patient. IT is best to discuss these options and to try the different profiles on for size to assess the appearance and your acceptance.

Sizers are available at your physicians office or can be purchased commercially.

Breast implants and lift

+1

If you think of a breast as a balloon, it becomes a little clearer that adding volume provides a gentle lift to the breasts. If you add more volume, there's more of a lift, but only up to a certain point. Without an examination, it's hard to tell what type of an implant would work best for you, but if you are trying to avoid a lift and need more volume, a high profile implant may work best. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon, and ask to see photos of patients who have had both augmentation alone and augmentation with a lift so that you can see the difference. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast implant type and profile for mild sagging

+1

If you truly have very mild sagging a high profile implant of appropriate size to fill out the skin may give you the look you want. You will need to work closely with a plastic surgeon who has experience in dealing with sagging breasts and implants. Ultimately you may "need" a breast lift but your surgeon should be able to give you a faily good idea about that.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants without lifts

+1

A breast augmentation alone can give a gentle lift in some cases, but if you truly need a lift, you may be disappointed afterwards. Speak with your surgeon about your goals so that he can review with you the advantages and disadvantages of a lift, so that you can make the best decision for yourself. In terms of style, silicone implants will usually give the best shape and feel, but you need a good exam to determine which style and profile will give you the result you want.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Breast Implant for Correction of Mild Ptosis

+1

It is difficult to choose a particular implant for your needs without an exam. In general, silicone implants give a more natural appearance than saline implants, but all implants have advantages and disadvantages. The size, profile, etc. of a recommended implant relates to more to the implant that "fits your breast" rather than one size fits all.

John Whitt, MD

What type of implants for breast lift?

+1

I would suggest moderate or high profile silicone implants. Understand that you may need a lift in the future. It is possible that you truly need a lift now. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. If your breast tisse is hanging too low, it will 'hang" off the edge of the implant. I prefer silicone implants, especially in this situation, because they are lighter and do not stretch the tissue as much as saline. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast augmentaton for fill

+1

Without examining you, I would have no idea what implant would be best for you. This is based upon a combination of physical exam, requests for volume, etc..