Cost of Tummy Tuck in Houston, Texas?

I am in texas Houston and wont to know, how much will a tummy tuck cost? There's not a lot that has to be taken off so please give me a price.

Tummy tuck prices

+2

Prices vary with the area and the doctor as there are no standard prices.

I can tell you that I got a call today from a patient who came to me for a tummy tuck 2 years ago and went to another doctor who was less expensive and now wants to come back to me to fix their poor result. The price to do anything will basically double what they could have paid had it just been done right the first time. Please don't repeat this mistake!

Compare costs very carefully

+1
Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! Check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

Assuming you are talking about a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience in abdominoplasty, you need to find someone who you trust. This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results! Cost alone should not be the deciding
factor.

The prices can vary from state to state, and from city to city. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, scar gel, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 5 days, 7 days, 9 days, 14 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, and every year after that forever, are around $7400. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Tummy Tuck

+1
Pricing really depends on the surgeon, location and type of tummy tuck. Generally speaking, mini tummy tucks range from $6000 to $7000 while full tummy tuck are more, ranging from $8000 to $9000.  

Another factor that should be considered is if liposuction is performed as well. If yes, this may be more or integrated into the price. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tummy Tuck Cost

+1

Cost is one important consideration in your decision to pursue cosmetic surgery, but it should not be the most important.   First, let's talk about cost.  Realself.com is an excellent website for references/ranges for costs in particular regions.  At this time, this website lists $8700 as the average cost of a tummy tuck in the Houston marketplace.

Realself.com/tummy-tuck/houston

This likely does not include any adjunctive liposuction/liposculpting of your waist/flanks that is commonly performed with a tummy tuck procedure.  You need to make sure what every price estimate you obtain include 1) surgeon's fees 2) OR/facility fees and 3) Anesthesia fees.  Each and every office has their own financial quotes and policies and you can review this with their respective staff or coordinators.

More important that just cost are the credentials and experience of your surgeon.  First, you MUST make certain your tummy tuck surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Accept no imitations or titles that might sound similiar or sexy. Second, make certain that your board certified plastic surgeon performs his/her procedure(s) in a fully accredited hospital or surgery center facility - safety first.   Third, review their work - review their before/after photo galleries.  You need to like what you are seeing.  Make certain your PS performs several tummy tucks per week on a regular basis.  Experience matters.  Finally, listen to yourself: make sure you feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon and also his/her staff.  Pick the surgeon and team with whom you feel most comfortable.  Do your homework and I'm sure you'll love your results.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Cost Houston Texas

+1

The cost for cosmetic plastic surgery is determined based on the length/time of surgery.   Hence, small patients who do not require liposuction may have a cheaper price than a heavier patient who requires more liposuction.    

We as plastic surgeons want to ensure each of our patient's gets the optimal result we can provide.  Therefore, we will recommend a treatment plan and estimated time for surgery.   Based on this, the surgical coordinator will give you a price for your procedure.   

This cost typically ranges from 6k to 12k based on the amount of loose skin that must be removed and the amount of liposuction performed.   This correlates very closely to our national statistics.

I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Costs of Surgery?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will vary  significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be  of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).

If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”,  wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.  Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.

Tummy tuck price

+1

Our total fee for a standard tummy tuck is $5325. This includes everything: surgeon fee, anesthesia, facility fee, pain pump, preop labwork, all preop and postop visits. The muscle repair is done routinely as part of a tummy tuck. Liposuction is additional. Our fee is fixed and does not depend on length of the surgery. All our surgery is done in a private accredited surgery center. Fees do vary as to what city your plastic surgeon is located. Less expensive does not mean poor results! Make sure you have surgery by a board certified plastic surgeon who has alot of experience with tummy tucks. We are in Shreveport, a 5 hour drive from the Houston area. We are able to provide cosmetic surgery services at signficantly reduced fees compared to Houston, Dallas, etc.

Daniel R. Knight, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Prices Vary Depending on the Amount of Work Done

+1

According to this website, the average price for tummy tuck in Houston is $8000

http://www.realself.com/question/Tummy-tuck-cost-houston-texas

As already mentioned, there is the surgeon's fee, the anesthesiologist's fee, and the facility fee, so longer cases will cost more. Some docs will charge extra for things like a pain pump, garment, or postop supplements, others may include these things in the price.

Ultimately, you are going to have to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to get an exact price. Using price alone is not a good way to choose your surgeon.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Cost of Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty

+1

Although I understand your desire to obtain the price; I can't give you a fixed price for several reasons. Prices depend on:
Extent of the procedure (liposuction, skin resection, muscle repair)
Do you want it performed in a surgicenter or in a hospital setting?
Need for overnight stay
Do you want a nurse, a surgeon, or a Board Certified Anesthesiologist to perform anesthesia?
Do you want me to provide you with dressings & garments or do you want to buy them?
Depending on these factors abdominoplasty can range anywhere from $3500 up to $12,000. Abdominal liposuction runs about $2000-4000 (each additional treatment area adds approximately $750-1500 to the total fee); Mini-abdominoplasty runs about $4-5000; full abdominoplasty runs about $6-8000 for surgeon's fees (does not include operating room, anesthesia, and overnight stay, pain pump). Think about it and make the right choice. Many other options are available and prices do vary accordingly.