Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist ~ Best in the US?

I'm interested in a third revision rhinoplasty. Can someone recommend the best rhinplasty revision surgeons in the U.S? I need a doctor who is good at fixing crooked noses.

Revision Rhinoplasty Requires a Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist

+7

Rhinoplasty is often considered the most difficult procedure in plastic surgery. While most facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons are trained to do rhinoplasty, many have discontinued performing rhinoplasty in their practices because of the difficulty in attaining consistent results. Revision rhinoplasty is even more challenging and even fewer surgeons routinely perform significant numbers of revision rhinoplasty.

For success in revision rhinoplasty, it is imperative that patients find a revision rhinoplasty specialist who has the experience to correct both the functional and cosmetic deformities resulting from previous nasal surgery. Meet with more than one or two rhinoplasty specialists to get a better understanding of what surgery would involve and how they would correct it.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best revision rhinoplasty surgeon

+3

Finding a surgeon is like finding a mate. There are a lot of options, and you have to find someone who works for you.

There are certain objective questions to ask. How many revisions do they do? How many rhinoplasties do they do? Do they have pictures? Do they have references that you can talk to?

Now you need to also find a surgeon who is thorough, complete, and talks to you. You should be able to have candid conversations with your surgeon and have a feeling that you mesh with and trust your surgeon.

I recently operated on a patient that had had 4 prior rhinoplasties. We actually did 7 consultations before we went to the operating room. This allowed both of to be completely comfortable with each other. It also allowed me to completely understand all of her expectations. Now, we are both satisfied with the results!

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

The answer to your question is find someone in your region that lists rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty as their top 2 procedures on their website.    Anyone that deviates from this is not an expert.  Have multiple consults and visits with the individual that most suits your personality, and more importantly, can adequately describe in detail what they would do and how they would attack your particular issue is critical.  If this matches your concerns, without you having to state it, then you've found your match.  Rhinoplasty and especially revision rhinoplasty is far more an ART than a science.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

The better question is: how do I find the best surgeon for me?

+2
I agree with Dr. Galitz-  almost any experienced facial plastic surgeon will tell you that revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging aesthetic surgical procedures, so you want to find a surgeon experienced in these procedures.
You can do your homework by visiting different doctor's websites, seeing before and after photos, and speaking with or meeting with your prospective surgeon.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision specialist

+2

This is an easy question to answer,.......First then surgeon must be a rhinoplasty specialist........Second he\she must have extensive experience in revision rhinoplasty work and lots of pictures of results. Many excellent rhinoplasty surgeons by preference don't do revision work, so the number of experienced rhinoplasty surgeons with revision experience(extensive) is minimal; but thats who you need to find.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Revision rhinoplasty can be difficult, but ther is no one best rhinoplasty surgeon. A surgeon that does a lot of rhinoplasty  will see his fair share of revisions.

Revision rhinoplasty in Michigan

+1
I would only consider surgeons that have a primary focus on rhinoplasty surgery. Surgeons that have training in Otolaryngology, or ear,nose, and throat surgery, combined with plastic surgery training are often your best bet.  =

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

revision rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1
  The crooked nose is best addressed with a combination of medial and lateral osteotomies to straighten the nasal bones. A cartilaginous spreader graft is sometimes inserted underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid vault area. There are 100's if not thousands of experienced rhinoplasty surgeons in United States. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has dedicated in significant component of their surgical practice to the discipline of rhinoplasty, has excellent before and after pictures, rating  and reviews, and is board-certified in facial plastic surgery or plastic surgery.

How to find a Revision Rhinoplasty specialist

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO here are the steps that you might consider taking at this time for what would be the 4th Rhinoplasty:

1. Find the most experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons near you
  2. Have in person consultations for evaluation and recommendations....there's no substitute, at this point, for an in person nasal examination to determine the status of the nasal structure, skin and blood supply that will influence what is capable during the next Rhinoplasty.
  3. Chasing asymmetry, crooked or otherwise, as the sole purpose of continued Rhinoplasty is often ill advised and IMHO can lead to disaterous scarring, skin slough and structure support to the nose.