Is It Okay to Use 0.1 Percent Retin-A As Anti-aging Treatment?

Hi, I just started using Retin-A 0.1% as an anti-aging treatment my skin feels fine--no burning, etc.

On other sites they say, 0.025% Retin-A is for anti-aging while 0.1% is for acne. Is it okay for me to use 0.1% cream and will I see the same or better anti-aging results?

It is the best option, if tolerated

+2

Retinoids like Retin A are prescribed by dermatologists for a myriad of complaints, but acne, aging and discoloration top the list. The strength prescribed is based on your skin and the dose can range widely. Talk to your dermatologist about what strength for your skin.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Retin A therapy

+2

The main problem with Retin A are the skin reactions  reported by individuals who enthusiastically apply too much too fast. This is an excellent product but application instructions should be followed precisely. Apply very small amounts th first week and make sure to avoud sun expsure during the day.

Using 0.1% Retin A

+2

Some patients do better starting with the .025% strength followed by the 0.05% strength before going to the 0.1%.  But if you are okay with this strength, that is fine and it is good for skin anti-aging.