Retin A Before and After Fraxel Repair?

How exactly in terms of benefits does Retin-A help as PRE-treatment for Fraxel Repair and what does it do as POST treatment?

What is the treatment duration before Fraxel Repair day? How many days before the Fraxel Repair session should it be stopped?

Retin-A before Fraxel re:pair helps with healing but need to stop 2 weeks before

+3

Retin-A increases cellular turnover of the skin cells and improves collagen formation.  However, prior to the Fraxel re:pair, I would stop 2-4 weeks prior. I usually resume it at 3-4 weeks. I've noticed that patients which have used Retin A have faster recovery times and better results.

Retin A is helpful prior to Fraxel Re:Pair

+2

Retin A is quite helpful to speed up the healing process after Fraxel and we encourage all of our patients to start it prior to the procedure. It isn't something that is imperative, but it does help quite a bit. We also start our folks on the Obagi Regimen as well and that seems to help.

We say they should stop it a few days before it, but that isn't fixed in stone either. Good luck with your procedure.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Talk to your dermatologist

+2

Pre-treatment Retin A has been shown to improve the healing time, final result, and reduce the post-procedure risk of pigmentation and milia post-resurfacing. I recommend a minimum of 2 weeks use prior to the procedure. I also recommend you stop the Retin A 4-7 days just before. I restart based upon each patients unique skin type and healing response. This is what your dermatologist can decide for you. Good luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist