Can Plastic Surgery Fix a Buttock Indentation?

I have a golf ball sized dent on my right butt cheek. It has a pupilish color just where the indention is. It does not hurt. What could this be?

I looked up butt indentions on google and read many things that sounds like it could be from getting cortizone shots. If this is the problem or not, can a plastic surgeon fix it?

I have a great body and would not be comfortable having an indention/ hole in my butt. Please give my any suggestions where I should start to getting this fixed. Thank you.

Dent in Buttock

+2

This sounds unusual. First you should determine the cause and after that it can be repaired. This may require a combination of  liposuction, flap or buttock augmentation with fat grafting.

Fat Grafting for Indentations

+1

Without a picture it is difficult for us to give you specific advice. Aditionally, you really need to see a doctor in person to examine what is going on. If you need volume added to improve the indentation, then fat grafting may be a good choice. Fat can be harvested from your thigh or other buttocks through a liposuciton technique and then injected in the indented area. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD