PCA Chemical Peel Effective for Dark Skin?

Is a PCA chemical peel effective at evening out skin tone and texture, and eliminating hyperpigmentation for people of color (deep tan/caramel colored skin)?

TCA Peel

+1

A TCA peel for someone with a darker complexion must be done by someone with training and experience. I would not recommend anyone but a physician. I have seen burns and worsening of pigment problems when this kind of peel is done by an aesthetician. In a skilled physician's hands, the correct strength of peel can be used to lift the pigment away and help even out texture. You may also consider an at-home brightening system that includes hydroquinone as a component.

Light TCA peels do great to even out color and improve skin in dark skinned patients

+1

Lighter TCA peels do great to even out skin color and texture problems in dark skinned patients. They are usually done every 2 weeks for 3-5 peels of 10-20% TCA at a cost of $250-500 each. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA chemical peel for dark skin

+1

In darker complexions, I would only recommend very light TCA peels (no greater than 10%). Other options that are generally safe for darker skin include Jessner and Salicylic acid peels.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

I believe you mean TCA peels.

+1

I believe you mean TCA peels. TCA peels are safe to use in people with darker skin. They must be used carefully or they may make the pigment problem worse. I suggest that you see a dermatologisit with plenty of experience in chemical peeling.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon