How Would Not Wearing a Compression Garment Affect Liposuction Results?

I had abdominal liposuction on june 12th, but my girdle was stolen from my gym july 17th. I seem to be doing fine without it, but i still have that "clay effect"- long term creasing from clothes or when i sit for a long period of time, and my abdomen does swell from time to time. my pain is also very minimal but i still have itching and soreness.

Am I OK to go without my girdle from this point on? Will I still get the same results in the end anyway?

Liposuction and compression garments

+1

Hi!

We don't use compression garments for most liposucton patients, and other experienced plastic surgeons in New York agree.  We don't think that garments improve the final result.

For the abdomen, we use a binder for 2 weeks.  Garments will probably not benefit you at this point. So you can relax.

Garment

+1

You really need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  I have all my patients wear the compression garment for 6 weeks but there are differing opinions on the amount of time the garment is needed.  You should follow your own doctor's advice.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.