How Would Not Wearing a Compression Garment Affect Liposuction Results?

I had abdominal liposuction on june 12th, but my girdle was stolen from my gym july 17th. I seem to be doing fine without it, but i still have that "clay effect"- long term creasing from clothes or when i sit for a long period of time, and my abdomen does swell from time to time. my pain is also very minimal but i still have itching and soreness.

Am I OK to go without my girdle from this point on? Will I still get the same results in the end anyway?

Liposuction and compression garments

We don't use compression garments for most liposucton patients, and other experienced plastic surgeons in New York agree.  We don't think that garments improve the final result.

For the abdomen, we use a binder for 2 weeks.  Garments will probably not benefit you at this point. So you can relax.

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

You really need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  I have all my patients wear the compression garment for 6 weeks but there are differing opinions on the amount of time the garment is needed.  You should follow your own doctor's advice.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

323 Pine Street
Sausalito, CA 94965