Procedure to Fix Uneven Belly After Liposuction?

I already went through conventional Liposuction and it left my belly uneven. I only weight 56 kilos, I would like to know which procedure would help me ge my tummy to a round normal shape.

Uneven contour after liposuction

+3

Unfortunately aggressively done liposuction can occasionally result in unevenness of skin contour. This is mainly due to irregular fatty liposuction. The best treatment option for this is a meticulous fat Injection and perhaps lipo-suctioning of the areas that are raised. Normally a cushion of fatty tissue is desirable to maintain the natural look of any area of the body. Introduction of fat in irregular areas can be successfully obtained with fairly uniform and permanent results. Today's techniques of fat injection include purifying the fat that we obtain from a part of your body, removing the oil and injecting the fat in multiple layers with specialized injection cannula's.

Web Reference http:///www.egrari.com

Belly button scar after liposuction

+1

The periumbilical skin should be uniformly suctioned with liposuction. However, in this particular case, it seems as though the subcutaneous fat in this region may be uneven and may require additional liposuction to recontour. Discuss your problem with a plastic surgeon during your examination.

You need an evaluation

+1

To fix the problem it kinda depends upon what that problem is exactly. More Liposuction might not be the solution. Sometimes it may be. Seek out an experienced plastic surgeon or two for opinions and go from there. I would wait 6-12 months to let the tissues soften before doing anything surgical.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction correction

+1

As stated by others, an experienced physician is important to help improve this problem and the use of smaller cannulae adds more finesse. Also, you should consider getting a consultation with a plastic surgeon who also does laser assisted lipolysis/liposculpture (SmartLipo, ProLipo, Cool Lipo, etc). This form of treatment is also more refined and can gently "melt" the bulging fatty areas and the liquified fat removed with smaller cannulae to induce less trauma. If fat injections are required in addition, then a combination treatment with tumescent and laser treatments may be beneficial.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Contour Abdnormality

+1

Unfortunate that you have some contour irregularity after you liposuction. This can happen and is one of the issues with liposuction.

The treatment is to see a plastic surgeon that is able to address this problem. I would wait atleast 6 months before attempting to fix this problem. Just remember that fixing it completely is unrealistic. But you can have an improvement with addition liposuction to smooth out the areas. Some other techniques include injection of fat into the areas that have the valleys. A combination of both techniques is what works at times.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Correcting Uneven Belly After Liposution

+1

Contour irregularity (that's what we call an uneven result) is not only common after liposuction, it occurs every time. If the suction is performed well, meaning that small cannulas are used in a criss-cross fashion then the irregularity is minimal and only the surgeon and/or the patient can appreciate it. Unfortunately, many surgeons, appreciating that patients pay by minute for surgery, use larger cannulas with less finesse.

So the correction to your problem is liposuction performed with small cannulas and care. The surgeon must focus on the raised areas and avoid the depressions. Sometimes it is even necessary to to fat graft the depressed areas. So see someone who appreciates the finer points of liposuction.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Correction

+1

Dear Yo, I am sorry that you have concerns after your cosmetic procedure. It is important to be patient - this is the hardest part!! The area will soften over time and the final result willl be better understood at 6 months to a year after your initial surgery. There will be scarring in the area and making any attempt at correction wiill be difficult.

Ultrasound, massage, lymph cream and drops will help with softening the areas.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Liposuction of the abdomen.

+1

Hi!

Of all the areas that we treat with liposuction, the abdomen is the most prone to irregularities. Technique is very important.

Lymphatic drainage massage is very useful during the first few weeks to produce a smooth result. After 4 months, you are looking at the permanent contour. At this point, touch up liposuction can often make things better.

Uneven result after abdominal liposuction

+1

If the uneven contour is the product of excess skin, the only solution is an abdominoplasty which, among other thins, removes surplus skin. If the surplus of skin is very slight, you might benefit from laser assisted liposuction but probably not. For patients that are in the gray zone between suction and abdominoplasty, I offer the laser as a possible way to avoid the more invasive abdominoplasty. However, the patients have to understand the limitations of this form of treatment.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Lipo revision

+1

First off, be patient following liposuction surgery. A minimum of three months after the procedure is necessary to appreciate the final results.

Having said that, if you are asymmetric, your surgeon may be able to improve the result. Prominent areas can be treated with additional liposuction and deficient areas can be improved by grafting fat.

Unfortunately, if the "uneveness" is due to poor retraction of the skin, there is no way to improve this without excising the skin. Laser lipo has been promoted as a way to tighten lax skin but this has not been demonstrated to be reliable and effective.

Keep in mind that the asymmetry may be more obvious to you than to others because you know it's there. Also remember that perfect symmetry is hard to obtain, but, if it bothers you, it's worth discussing it with your surgeon.

Good luck!

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.