Will I Lose Some of my Curves After Liposuction?

I have a curvy figure with just a little bit of fat on my flanks. I am concerned that if I get Liposuction, I will lose all of my curves. Is this a possibility with Liposuction?

Losing your curves with liposuction

+1

If you are careful to go to a real plastic surgeon (be careful as many non-plastic surgeons do liposuction!!) who has an artistic eye and if you specifically discuss what you want and if your body anatomy will allow you to have that, this should not be a problem. But you can see that it depends on several "ifs."

Curves after Liposuction

+1

Not if your liposuction is done by a plastic surgeon with an aesthetic eye.

The whole idea of liposuction is to sculpt you by removing fat from some areas while leaving it in others to improve your appearance. If anything, the curves should be better after liposuction.

Good Luck.

Liposuction is about creating curves!

+1

Hi!

1)   Liposuction is real sculpture.  It's all in the eye of the surgeon, and in the meticulousness of the technique.

2)   When liposuction of the flanks is performed, for example, the vision is to transform a relatively square flank into a delicately curving waist and hip.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Not if properly done.

+1

Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat. See an experienced liposuction surgeon and you should be able to"have your cake and eat it too"!  Couldn't resist the pun.

Liposuction keeps all the curves you want

+1

The beauty of liposuction is that you can keep all the curves you want since it is a sculpting procedure and you participate in the say of what you want done. We tailor it to your specifications and desires if possible. Good Luck!

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Be sure to discuss your Liposuction goals with your surgeon

+1

The best way to avoid unwanted results or "overdoing it" is to carefully review exactly what areas of your body you want improved and what areas you want left alone. If you like your curves, liposuction can be done to your waistline and thighs to actually accentuate your figure.

Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon preoperatively.

Good Luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon