Are Burning Red Eyes a Side Effect of Latisse?

When I use Latisse, my eyes are red and burn so bad I can't open them. No eye drops help. The burning and redness is unbearable. Is this a common side effect?

Latisse and red eyes

+1

Latisse can make the eyes red. Patients tend to get over it over several weeks to months but it may result in a patient discontinuing the medication if it does not get better. I would give it a little time to see how you do. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse side effects

+1

Some people do experience redness and burning or irritation with the use of Latisse.  Make sure you are not using too much and using the brush correctly.  These side effects usually pass after a few weeks.

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.