Can I Get a Latisse Prescription Via Online Doctor Consultation?

I want Latisse but I'd rather not have to drive all the way to a doctor's office to get it prescribed. Is it possible to consult with a doctor online (via email, photos) and get a Latisse prescription that way?

Latisse requires a doctor's visit or Rx

+3

No reputable Ophthalmologist would prescribe any product including Latisse over the phone or online.  There can be problems with Latisse as with any drug or eye drop and I think it is important to have a doctor patient relationship.  Don't be lazy, go see a doctor. 

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Getting Latisse Online

+2

I have no experience with this method of obtaining Latisse, but in this online day and age it would'nt surprise me. I would not recommend this approach, however. Latisse is a medication and all medications have the potential for some side effects. In addition, Latisse is something you will likely be using indefinitely, so you must be followed periodically in order to monitor progress, as well as look for any signs of trouble. Your eyes are no place to look for a bargain.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

No reputable dermatologist

+2

Let me back up Dr. Placik here in saying there would not be any reputable dermatologist providing this service either. Maybe, our opthamologist colleagues could weigh in on this as well.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Not aware of any reputable surgeons providing online Latisse prescriptions

+2

I am not aware of any reputable surgeons providing this online prescription service for Latisse but I am sure it exists in the same way the online Viagra prescriptions and other popular pain medications are dispensed.

The Safety of Buying Latisse On Line

+1

Latisse can safely be purchased on line when it is from a reputable physician’s office such as TheWebDermatologist.com. We are able to make certain that Latisse is safe for you to use and we are available at all times to answer your questions or concerns. We treat you as one of our patients by reviewing your medical history to be sure that Latisse is safe for you to use. We are available by telephone for any questions or concerns that you may have 24 hours/day, 7 days/week as we are with all of our patients.
In a recent review article published in September, 2010 by Joel Cohen, MD entitled “Enhancing the Growth of Natural Eyelashes: The Mechanism of Bimatoprost (Latisse)-Induced Eyelash Growth”, Dr Cohen shows how Latisse “is a safe and effective means of enhancing eyelash growth”. In his study, the only side effect reported more often in subjects receiving Latisse than those receiving the “vehicle” alone was redness in the whites of the eyes and even this “resolved before the end of the study despite continued application of the product”. He also states in his article “the effects of bimatoprost (Latisse) for eyelash growth on IOP (intraocular pressure) were not thought to be clinically relevant.” There were also no reports of darkening of pigmentation in the iris. Dr Cohen also points out that the safety of bimatoprost “has been well established in clinical trials up to 4 years in length, as well as extended clinical experience totaling an estimated 9 million patient-years of exposure”.
If you are experiencing any changes in your vision or any new eye problems or symptoms while using Latisse, we would advise you to discontinue the Latisse and see your ophthalmologist immediately – exactly what any other physician’s office would do regardless of where you purchased it.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon