Best Laser Hair Removal for Asian with Fair to Wheatish Skin?

I'm a South-Asian female. My complexion varies from fair to wheatish. I have dark hair (thick and black in some areas and finer but still black in others).

What's the best laser hair removal option for me? Light sheer diode or Gentle YAG or ND-Yag?

Thanks.

Best Laser Hair Removal Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

You have many options

+1

It sounds like you are a very good cancdidate for laser hair removal.  There is no best laser for this, as many work very well.  We use a Diode laser in our office and have had excellent results, but that doesn't mean it is your best choice.  I think you have many options, so find a place where you feel you will be in good hands.

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist

Either diode or NdYag for laser hair removal will help

+1

The type of skin you have, you can use either of the two lasers diode or NdYag. GentleYag is an NdYag laser from Candela. You can also benefit from Alexander laser eg Gentlelase from Candela. Alexander laser will have less discomfort 'pain' compared to the other two types. In addition an IPL, which is not a laser but a light source can also be beneficial in acheiving permanent hair reduction.

Farouk Iqbal, MD
Muscat Dermatologic Surgeon