How Soon Can I Exercise After Tummy Tuck with NO Muscle Repair?

Just wondering How soon I can get back to running and taking step aerobics after a Tummy Tuck with NO muscle repair? I am 2 weeks and 5 days?

How Long After Having a Tummy Tuck Can I Go Back to the Gym?

+1

It is commendable that you wish to return to exercise as soon as possible after surgery. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedures performed. He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care.

Having said that, I ask my tummy tuck patients to start walking ASAP after surgery but refrain from any heavy-lifting or strenuous exercise for 6-8 weeks to prevent complications and ensure proper healing. It may be 4-6 months before you reach your full energy and strength levels. Best to “go slow” and listen to your body as you gradually increase or activity level. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck and exercise

+1

Hi!

After a tummy tuck, we let patients return to unrestricted exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  Since you had no muscle work, you could probably start sooner, but I think it is best to be conservative and let the tissues heal.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy tuck

+1

You need to ask your plastic surgeon what his/her feelings are on this.  After 2 weeks following the procedure you had I would allow you to start to return to your regular activity but your doctor may have a different recommendation.  You should follow his or her advice.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD