How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost for the Face?

I have sunken in eyes and have lost the fat under my eye area only, and woundering how much does it cost for fat transfer?

How much does fat transfer cost

+4
Treatment of facial aging changes with fat grafting must  be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires.  I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.
Therefore, the price of a facial fat grafting will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.
Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost of fat transfer

+2

Wow, Waxahachie TX.  Man I haven't been there in 100 years.  I miss the Catfish Plantation ( one of my favorite restaurants.  If you're not from Texas don't worry about it you don't know what we talking about)

anyhow, fat transfer to the face typically costs anywhere from $2500-$5000. This depends on whether or not you're doing it with anesthesia. Personally I find that unnecessary and I performed liposuction portion and the fat transfer portion under local anesthesia in most cases. If you are limiting the procedure to just the area under your eyes or around your eyes the cost can be as little as $2500. In the area in which you live you may be able to find someone to perform the procedure for as little as $2000 but these are all just estimates.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost for the Face

+1

The monetary costs and the longtime costs are separate.  If you are considering augmentation of the face then I would try a filler such as Radiesse and/or Juvederm to assess your new look.  After this augmentation has gone away and you still desire facial augmentation then you can have fat grafting which is more permanent.  The fee for facial grafting depends on how much is needed and should range between 2500 – 5000 dollars for the procedure. This will be a permanent change to your face.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Atlanta - Fat transfer to face

+1

At our facility the range for fat transfer to the under eye area is $1,500.00 to $2,000.00. 

Fat Transfer to Face...What is the Cost?

+1

Hi Jen,

Fat transfer to the face is an excellent and permanent treatment to replace lost volume in the face.

Although cost is important in these difficult economic times, you should not let it be the deciding factor in choosing your surgeon. Many times "You get what you pay for". The fact that fat is permanent has been reinforced by those patients who present years later with unwanted lumps and bumps of fat in their face.

It is essential that you do your homework most carefully when choosing your fat transfer surgeon. It is your face for the rest of your life.

The cost will vary depending upon whether the surgeon prefers to perform the procedure in an operating room with or without an anesthesiologist, or whether it is done in the office.

The cost will vary as well depending on the location in the country, and the skill and experience of the surgeon.

That having been said, the range that you can expect to find for fat transfer to the face will be from $4000 to $25,000, with $8000-$9000 the average with operating room and anesthesia.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Consider a filler first

+1

It sounds from your posting that this is something new for you. If it is and cost is a factor, you might consider a filler like Juvaderm or Restylane first to see if you like the look. The filler will be less expensive than autologous fat and will be gone in 6 months if you're not fond of the look.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon