How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost for the Face?

I have sunken in eyes and have lost the fat under my eye area only, and woundering how much does it cost for fat transfer?

Cost of fat transfer

Wow, Waxahachie TX.  Man I haven't been there in 100 years.  I miss the Catfish Plantation ( one of my favorite restaurants.  If you're not from Texas don't worry about it you don't know what we talking about)

anyhow, fat transfer to the face typically costs anywhere from $2500-$5000. This depends on whether or not you're doing it with anesthesia. Personally I find that unnecessary and I performed liposuction portion and the fat transfer portion under local anesthesia in most cases. If you are limiting the procedure to just the area under your eyes or around your eyes the cost can be as little as $2500. In the area in which you live you may be able to find someone to perform the procedure for as little as $2000 but these are all just estimates.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

2550 Samaritan Dr Suite F
San Jose, CA 95124

Expectations, cost, location

Fat Grafting is a popular surgical procedure to replace volume loss in the face.  Under the eyes is a common place we transfer fat for a longer lasting result vs temporary fillers.  Depending on your current volume loss, location,  and expectations fat transfer can vary from office to office.  An average range for us to transfer to the eyes only (partial face) in our office starts at $3000+.  Remember an evaluation to establish your concerns and goals is needed to make the best recommendation and cost estimate for you.  Always consult with a certified pyhsican who offers the procedure you are looking for, remember, cheaper is not always better when it comes to surgery!!! 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

5000 W. 95th
Prairie Village , KS 66207

Fat Transfer Cost for the Face

The cost of fat transfer like cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $1000 for fat transfer to the face. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost for the Face

The monetary costs and the longtime costs are separate.  If you are considering augmentation of the face then I would try a filler such as Radiesse and/or Juvederm to assess your new look.  After this augmentation has gone away and you still desire facial augmentation then you can have fat grafting which is more permanent.  The fee for facial grafting depends on how much is needed and should range between 2500 – 5000 dollars for the procedure. This will be a permanent change to your face.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

4208 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027

Fat Transfer to Face...What is the Cost?

Hi Jen,

Fat transfer to the face is an excellent and permanent treatment to replace lost volume in the face.

Although cost is important in these difficult economic times, you should not let it be the deciding factor in choosing your surgeon. Many times "You get what you pay for". The fact that fat is permanent has been reinforced by those patients who present years later with unwanted lumps and bumps of fat in their face.

It is essential that you do your homework most carefully when choosing your fat transfer surgeon. It is your face for the rest of your life.

The cost will vary depending upon whether the surgeon prefers to perform the procedure in an operating room with or without an anesthesiologist, or whether it is done in the office.

The cost will vary as well depending on the location in the country, and the skill and experience of the surgeon.

That having been said, the range that you can expect to find for fat transfer to the face will be from $4000 to $25,000, with $8000-$9000 the average with operating room and anesthesia.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Consider a filler first

It sounds from your posting that this is something new for you. If it is and cost is a factor, you might consider a filler like Juvaderm or Restylane first to see if you like the look. The filler will be less expensive than autologous fat and will be gone in 6 months if you're not fond of the look.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

931 Ridge Road
Munster, IN 46321

Atlanta - Fat transfer to face

At our facility the range for fat transfer to the under eye area is $1,500.00 to $2,000.00. 

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305