Products That Can Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles?

I am 27 years old and I have wrinkles on my forehead that I don't like. Is there any over the counter products to cover or remove them?

Over the counter treatment for forehead wrinkles

+1

I'm sure that there must be OTC products that can be used to treat these and if there are not, some company will make and market something soon.  This does not mean that they are effective--only that they hope some folks will use their hard earned money to buy these products.  The only effective treatment that I know of are Botox and Dysport.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

A systematic approach to treating forehead wrinkles

+1

First, you have to ask yourself the question, are your forehead wrinkles present only with expression (dynamic wrinkles) such as with raising your eyebrows or frowning or are they present even at rest? (static wrinkles). Prevention of static wrinkles begins with ongoing Botox injections, minimizing sun exposure, use of sunblock, and healthier life style choices ie. not smoking.

Treating dynamic forehead wrinkles

1. Relax the muscles that are being over expressed with Botox
  2. Botox treatments will prevent the lines from becoming permanently etched into your skin (static wrinkles). By starting at a young age, this is possible.

Treating static forehead wrinkles

1. Deep lines - need to fill with fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm
  2. If you don't treat the dynamic component, with Botox the fillers will be broken down twice as quickly.
  3. For finer wrinkles at rest, laser resurfacing i.e. Fraxel works well.
  4. Some patients may need Botox, fillers and laser resurfacing to treat these lines.

Select a doctor who is experienced and able to address all three of these possible treatment approaches. Treating all forehead lines the same way will not achieve optimal results. In your particular case, given your young age, it is very possible that you will only need Botox injections.

Good luck!

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating Forehead Lines

+1

There are many wonderful over the counter skin care products. However, none of them will diminish the action of the forehead (frontalis) muscle that causes horizontal lines. The best non-surgical option is Botox or Dysport. The best surgical option would be a brow lift or endoscopic brow lift, if you are a good candidate.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Forehead Wrinkle Treatment Option

+1

Forehead wrinkles are a common complaint of the cosmetic patient. Wrinkles may be static and present without facial movement, or dynamic and present during facial movement.

Many options are available. The most popular cosmetic treatment for these wrinkles is Botox Cosmetic, or the newer Dysport. These two products are not over-the-counter.

Speak with a cosmetic specialist to determine the most appropriate treatment option for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX Cosmetic works well for forehead wrinkles.

+1

If you're unhappy with the appearance of your forehead wrinkles, a treatment with BOTOX Cosmetic would lead to better results than any topical OTC products. Your results will last around 4 months.

Daily SPF 30 will also be helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

First choice for most forehead wrinkles is botulinum toxin (Dysport or Botox)

+1

Forehead wrinkles are caused by a number of different sources,

For example if your eyelids are low, many people raise there forehead to lift the skin out of their eyes. In this case an upper eyelid procedure will solve your problem.

However, at your age that is not likely the case. It is far more probable that excessive use due to your facial expressions is the culprit. Therefore relaxing the muscles or training yourself not to use the muscles is your best non-surgical (over the counter) solution. Short of this, the best solution is the chemodenervation with Dysport or Botox.

Relieving forehead wrinkles

+1

There is no over-the-counter product that can touch your forehead wrinkles like Botox because at your age they are primarily muscle related and skin treatments don't stop the muscle function. Botox costs have gone down dramatically to the patient (but not to the doctor :() so it is probably cheaper than an expensive store bought cream.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS