How to Get Rid of Blackheads?

Although I wash my face throughly everyday, when I look into a 3x mirror I can see blackheads all over my nose cheeks and chin. What do Ii need to do to get rid of those? It is dirt, isn't it?

Deep Pore Cleansing with Extractions, Retinoid, Glycolic acid

+4

First, the darkness is not due to dirt but is due to melanin. Patients with Type 6 skin for instance will have black comedones, and Type 1 people will have pale comedones. Has nothing to do with cleanliness.

The best way to eliminate blackheads is with a regimen of a Retinoid at night such ass Retin A, Differin or Tazarac and a glycolic acid of some sort in the morning. I would recommend either microdermabrasion, medium-depth peels, and deep pore cleansing followed by extractions ( choose two of the three.)

Be Patient. It often takes 2-3 months to clear blackheads.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Blackheads

+2

Blackheads are clogged, open pores of the face. Retinoids such as tretinoin, adapalene, tazarotene can sometimes help. If they are not effective, manual extraction by your esthetician or physician would be the best solution.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Treatment or prevention of blackheads.

+2

No this is typically secretions that have darkened upon exposure to air. They are technically  called comedones. There are comedone extractors that remove these. However, one other method to minimize the secretions is use of retin-a. Sun blocks and avoidance of sun exposure shoudl be concurrently used.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.