Arm Lift for Sagging Skin on Forearms?

Will an arm lift help the sagging skin on the forearms or is that another procedure? Also, what is the average cost in metro Phoenix?

Arm lift versus a forearm lift

+2

A true arm lift, also known as a brachioplasty, will only remove skin and fat from the upper arm and contour it. A forearm lift can be performed though it is far less common as the need for it is generally infrequent. This involves a scar on the inner aspect of the forearm. It can also be combined with an arm lift.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Forearm lift

+2

The loose skin of the forearm can be removed either with an arm lift or as a separate procedure. Usually the incision is on the inner arm so the scar is less visible.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Forearm lift

+2

Though not as popular as an upper arm lift, a forearm lift can be performed to tighten the skin on the lower arm.

Arm Lifting?

+1

Extending the usual arm lifting scar distally will help treat “sagging skin on the forearms”.  The upside is improvement in contour,  the downside is the presence  of a scar (which may be problematic).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_armlift.htm

Arm lift

+1

An arm lift or brachioplasty is usually designed to contour the laxity of the upper arm from the elbow to the arm pit but it can also help the forearm area.  This can be accomplished in two ways:  The first is extending the incision onto the forearm which is not as desireable.  More commonly I shoft the closure of the upper arm incision so that some of the forearm laxity is corrected with the traditional arm lift procedure.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=84&StartRow=1

Arm Lift

+1

Arm lift is not a procedure that removes skin or fat from the forearm.  There is no such procedure described.  In one or two weight loss patients, I have however removed skin from the inner forearm on special occasions.  This is done as a separate procedure from the arm lift.

Arm lift not designed for sagging forearm skin

+1

An Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) will correct skin sagining such as the "Bat Wing" deformity on the ARMS. It is not designed nor will it lift loose skin on the forearm.

There is NO standardized procedure to remove loose forearm skin because that skin is not widely stretched as is the arm.

You should discuss your concerns with several Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area www.Plasticsurgery.org and see what they recommend.

Arm Lift (Forearm)

+1

An arm lift or brachioplasty does not address excess forearm skin, but rather removes excess skin between the elbow and shoulder area.  I am unaware of any procedures designed  for correction of sagging forearm skin, but you could consult a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss this.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.