Arm Lift for Sagging Skin on Forearms?

Will an arm lift help the sagging skin on the forearms or is that another procedure? Also, what is the average cost in metro Phoenix?

Arm lift versus a forearm lift

+2

A true arm lift, also known as a brachioplasty, will only remove skin and fat from the upper arm and contour it. A forearm lift can be performed though it is far less common as the need for it is generally infrequent. This involves a scar on the inner aspect of the forearm. It can also be combined with an arm lift.

Forearm lift

+2

The loose skin of the forearm can be removed either with an arm lift or as a separate procedure. Usually the incision is on the inner arm so the scar is less visible.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Forearm lift

+2

Though not as popular as an upper arm lift, a forearm lift can be performed to tighten the skin on the lower arm.

Sagging skin on forearms

+1
A specialized arm lift may be an effective treatment for sagging skin on the forearms.  This procedure is best for patients who are likely to heal with thin scars.

David Stoker, MD

Arm lift arm reduction brachioplasty arm liposuction massive weight loss recovery forearm reduction

+1
Dear Donabella,
The arm lift or brachioplasty removes excess skin and fat from the upper arm.  The upper arm is described as the area from the armpit to the elbow. By definition, the arm lift or brachioplasty does not remove skin and fat from the forearm.  
A forearm lift or reduction removes skin and fat from the forearms.  Typically, the incision extends from the elbow towards the wrist.  The severity of the forearms determines how long the arm and forearm incision is.  If the forearm has only a mild amount of skin and fat around the elbow, then the scar is shorter. If there is excess arm skin and fat to the wrist, the incision and resulting scar will extend to the wrist.
I have performed this procedure many times.  I always combine the arm lift or brachioplasty with the forearm lift on the same day of surgery.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Arm Lifting?

+1

Extending the usual arm lifting scar distally will help treat “sagging skin on the forearms”.  The upside is improvement in contour,  the downside is the presence  of a scar (which may be problematic).

Arm lift

+1

An arm lift or brachioplasty is usually designed to contour the laxity of the upper arm from the elbow to the arm pit but it can also help the forearm area.  This can be accomplished in two ways:  The first is extending the incision onto the forearm which is not as desireable.  More commonly I shoft the closure of the upper arm incision so that some of the forearm laxity is corrected with the traditional arm lift procedure.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Arm Lift

+1

Arm lift is not a procedure that removes skin or fat from the forearm.  There is no such procedure described.  In one or two weight loss patients, I have however removed skin from the inner forearm on special occasions.  This is done as a separate procedure from the arm lift.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Arm lift not designed for sagging forearm skin

+1

An Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) will correct skin sagining such as the "Bat Wing" deformity on the ARMS. It is not designed nor will it lift loose skin on the forearm.

There is NO standardized procedure to remove loose forearm skin because that skin is not widely stretched as is the arm.

You should discuss your concerns with several Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area www.Plasticsurgery.org and see what they recommend.

Arm Lift (Forearm)

+1

An arm lift or brachioplasty does not address excess forearm skin, but rather removes excess skin between the elbow and shoulder area.  I am unaware of any procedures designed  for correction of sagging forearm skin, but you could consult a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss this.

John Whitt, MD