6 Days After I Develop Large Pink Spot on my Back. No Fever. Can That Still Be Infection or Skin Burn or Burn of Tissues Under?

I had SmartLipo MPX done on 3 areas bra rolls, hands and one knee side. Total fat removed 600cc. Currently 6 days after I develop large pink spot on my back . No fewer . Can that still be infection or skin burn or burn of tissues underneath the skin? How dangers is that ? Also I active and walking every day . Is there still chance for fat embolism or blood clot. What are the chances of serious health complication 6 days after surgery?

Pink spot

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Please let your doctor know what's going on.

If someone is having an unusual symptom within a week of surgery then Real Self is not the correct place to be getting answers.

That said.  If you have a serious burn to the back of your skin your body would form blisters.

The first symptoms of infections are usually increased tenderness.  While we often talk about fevers most infections are pretty advanced by the time adults develop real fevers.  

Embolisms to the lungs are not associated with pink spots that I know of.

Hard to say for sure without even a picture but what you describe sound abnormal for six days after Smart Lipo MPX.  Is the pink spot where one of the skin openings are?

If so it may be just inflammation.

Please check with your surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Check with your Doctor

SmartLipo has burn sensors, so it is unlikely to be a burn.

Small chance of fluid or early infection so check with you doctor.  

Blood clots  would tend to cause pain in the legs or shortness of breath.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Pink

At six days you have little major risk, This pink spot may be a minor burn that will heal . You need to consult your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD