Loose Skin on Stomach After Pregnancy and Weight Loss. Candidate for CoolSculpting?

I gained 50 pounds with my baby. I've lost 35 pounds so I am now 5'2 and 145 , I am healthy I like my shape but my stomach needs help. I have a lower pouch that hang , I want to try the cool sculpting , I know my stomach will hang but I just want to decease the size of it . Will this need me

Coolsculpting post pregnancy

+1
Coolsculpting is an option for you. However, you should consult in person with a board certified physician who can offer surgical and coolsculpting options to determine which procedure is best for you.

Cool Sculpting after pregnancy

+1
Yes!  Cool Sculpting will work for your.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Best Candidate for CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting After Pregnancy

+1

Dear Chosen,

Congratulations on a commendable weight loss.

After you reach full recovery from your delivery, the cool sculpting procedure can be used safely.

That said, the laxity and the excess of your skin may not get better. If you are looking for a flat tummy, a surgical approach (tummy tuck) will be your best bet especially if you have developed an umbilical hernia or diastasis recti that need to be fixed.

I encourage you to visit a board certified surgeon of ample experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision after you communicate your goals with him/her. It would be a plus if the surgeon of your choice offers cool sculpting at his/her office.

For instance, I try to make my assessment based on the fact that I have the Zeltiq treatment at my office available for the right candidates.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

You are probably a good candidate

+1

you may be "in between" and a candidate for either Coolsculpting, liposuction or a tummy tuck.  part of it depends on whether you are interested in an invasive surgical procedure or not and the down time that this necessitates.  part of it depends on how "great" you want to look and feel after surgery.  coolsculpting is NOT a substitute for surgery but can give you real results WITHOUT surgery.

Eric Chang, MD

Evaluating your expectations for coolsculpting result is the key.

+1

You may want to wait for at least 9 months after you delivered and be sure your weight is where you want it to be before considering coolsculpting. The rule is that hanging skin will still hang after fat reducing procedures. You are correct that the hanging skin thickness would be reduced after coolsculpting.

Laurie Casas, MD

Coolsculpting will reduce fat, but won't get rid of saggy skin

+1

Coolsculpting is an effective way to reduce fat.  However, you are right to point out that coolscupting will not help sagging skin due to weight gain during pregnancy and subsequent weight loss.  (BTW - good for you for losing so much weight).   The sagging skin may become even more pronounced when you lose more fat via coolsculpting.  A tummy tuck will give you a better aesthetic result, but it is more expensive and requires more downtime.

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Hanging skin and Coolsculpting

+1

Coolsculpting does not tighten hanging skin but is excellent for reducing fat bulges. For tightening skin we use Exilis in our practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting is not a great procedure if liposuction is not expected to give improvement

+1

If you have a skin laxity issue then CoolSculpting by Zeltiq probably will not give you enough or any improvement.  If there is fat accumulation then you can get some reduction from CoolSculpting.  Otherwise you may need an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) so see a plastic surgeon in consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Zeltiq will work on super tone bodies but not on loose skin

+1
Zeltiq is amazing for isolated areas but not for loose skin.  When you have loose skin, you will need surgery to cut the skin and take out the fat.  I wish I could say otherwise.

Michele S. Green, MD