I Am 5'2, 112 Pounds & Getting 465cc Gummybear Implants What Around What Cup Size Will I Be?

My Surgery is on wednesday and my doctor and ordered the 465 cc cohesive gel and 520 cc cohesive gel to show me the size of them both he recommended the 465 cc for the shape and frame of my body but I really want at least a large d or dd will 465 bring me that big or should i go for the 520 cc ?? suggestions please

Gummy Bear implants - size?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

What size will you be? IMO, big, too big.

+1

That size implant on your petite body is going to give you a really, really big chest.  It may be that you want to stop traffic, but if you were my patient, I'd recommend smaller implants. 

In my experience, overly large implants don't do as well over the long term as smaller implants do. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast size

+1

They will be plenty big.  If you wanted to be a D cup, that size implant will put you there.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast implants

+1

No way to say for sure, but I think that will make you at least a D cup, and probably a full D to DD.

Just a guess based on 23 years of experience.

Good luck.

465 cc implants What Cup Size?

+1

In general, one cup increase is produced by 200 cc to 250 cc.  Therefore, 2 cups would be 400 cc.  If you start as a B, 465 would put you at a small DD. 520 cc would put you close to a full DD.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast size and implant size

+1

please see my previous posts.  in general

at 32ab  requires about 250 to get a c cup  300-325 for a D  and 375-425 DD

34                              300-350                      375                            425

36                                   375                            425                          490-550

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

There is no accurate way of predicting exactly what cup size you will be after breast augmentation surgery. As you know, bra cup will vary from one manufacturer to another. I would suggest that you communicate your goals without the use of cup sizes  as a reference point.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures  helpful during this communication process. I asked patients to show me examples of breasts that they like as well as what they don't like.   This communication also helps ensure that patients develop a sense of realistic expectations as to what can and cannot be achieved.

I would also suggest that you do not base your  satisfaction with the outcome of the procedure based on achieving a specific cup size.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome. 

Cup size after breast augmentation is an educated guess

+1

It truly depends on how much breast tissue you have to begin with, your breast shape, your chest wall (rib cage) shape and the implant shape/size/type.  A very rough estimate is about 150-200 cc/cup size, so 465 would be about a 2.5-3 cup size increase or A to D, B to DD.  Best to size with the "rice in a bag" trick or do what we do in my office, use a set of sizers we bought from the implant manufacturer.  They go in your bra (actually, we tell patients to bring in the bra that they WANT to fill, some shirts they want to fill, bathing suit top...) and you can get a pretty good idea of where you are heading.  That said, it's all still an educated guess and your surgeon should be able to best guide you.  Best of luck.--Dr. Chappell, Severna Park, Maryland

Cup size after breast augmentation

+1

Cup size is relative to chest size and even the fit or brand of the bra. It is better to let your surgeon know how you wish to look, and let him get the result you are after. A well prepared surgeon has a full range of implant sizes, not one or two,  and clear vision of the result in mind.