5-6 Inch Gap Between Natural Breasts- What Can Be Done? (photo)

I'm 20 years old and have a wide sternum. My current breast size is a 36 D-cup. What I would like to know is what can be done to bring my breasts much closer together? If implants are the best course of action, which type would you personally recommend? Moderate,moderate plus,high, or extra high profile? Thanks!

Wide breast solutions

+1

It looks like you have a tubular component and siginificant sagging.

I advixe that you seek out a surgeon with experience in these procedures.

Wide breast solutions include;

1- low profile implants that are measured to add width to the desired amount. Higher profil implants will only make it worse. High profile implants trade width for added projection - not your problem.

2- Breast lift with medialization of breast tissue. Manny lifts do not medialize breast tisuue, however a Goes lift can pull your breast tissue toward the midline.

Good Luck!

Breast lift and fat graft for partial improvement saving other options for the future

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. I see the truth in other comments and will mention another possibility for you to think about options.  One possibility may be to perform breast lift supplemented with some modest fat grafting around the perimeter of the breast.  You are only 20 years old and your breasts are going to change as you age, especially if and when you have children. If you get implants now, you will almost with certainty need revisions or redo in the future.  Also, at your age, wide heavy implants will pull on your tissues and thin them out over time. This could make revisions problematic in the future.  If you get a breast lift with modest fat grafting now, you may be able to postpone surgery with implants to a later time.  Just a thought. To be sure you qualify for something like this, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  See a surgeon who is experienced in fat transfer.  I hope this helps.

Cleavage

+1

Your posted photos show narrow based cylinder shaped breasts with a wide separation between them i.e. there is no cleavage. Unfortunately no matter what anybody tells no current surgical technique including implants or breast lifting can create cleavage. My breast surgery consents specifically state this.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Breast correction

+1

As you can see by the number of posts all with different suggestions you have a very difficult case. In my experience cases like yours will not get an optimal result. Let me be quite clear on this point cases like yours are extremely difficult and will not get an optimal result under the best case scenario. The correction will typically require two or three surgeries if everything goes well.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org/plastic-surgery-chicago.html

How to transform these (photo) into beautiful breasts?

+1

1. Wide implants, 2. Submuscular positioning, 3. Areolar approach for placement, 4. Areolar lift with purse string closure for reduction of areola size and tightening of skin envelope, 5. Radial scoring of mammary parenchyma (breast gland) for even distribution of this constricted tissue across implant surface to better camouflage implant-tissue interface, 6. Post surgical support bra. 

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Tuberous breast with wide gap

+1

Your breasts have a narrow base and you have a wide chest circumference.  To correct this problem you will need an implant of sufficient size to fill out the base diameter of the breast.   You will also need a breast lift.  The implant will create the new base for your breast pyramid.  Surgically the overlying breast tissue will need to be opened up so that it splays over the implant creating a better overall breast shape.  The breast lift will help to orient the breast over the implant and a the same time your areola can be made smaller.  During a consultation your options can be discussed.  

Correction of tuberous breasts

+1

correction of tuberous breasts:

• you will need a lift  of some sort
  • periareola may be sufficient
  • and implant of low or moderate profile will help shape the breast
  • consideration will include whether over or under the muscle will be best 

Tuberous breasts are a challenging cosmetic issue

+1

I would first make sure your expectations for a surgica result are in line with what is possible for a patient with your tuberous and widely spaced breast anatomy. Personally, I would offer a breast lift designed to correct as much of your tubeous breast anatomy as possible. You may be happy enough with that change. Implants will widen the base width of your breasts, but an implant that is too wide can create a double-bubble deformity which is unsightly. Personally, I would recommend an implant at a later stage after you've recovered from tuberous breast correction surgery.

Natural chest gap between breasts

+1

Based on your photos, you have a component of a tuberous breast. Correction usually requires a breast lift and implants. See a board certified plastic surgeon for your options. Good luck.

Increased Cleavage Without Implants

+1

Your photographs show excessive space between the medial aspect of your breasts, sagging and large areolas.  There is a new technique called "The Ultimate Breast Lift" which can move your breasts medially and upward creating the desired cleavage and lift.  This technique will also reduce the size of your areolas to a more normal size.  It also preserves the ducts and nipple sensation and should not interfere with future pregnancies and breast feeding.  This technique can be done WITHOUT a vertical scar as well.

Best WIshes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon