What's the Difference Between 325cc VS 350cc Breast Implants?

I'm 5'5" 140lbs toned currently B cup breastfed 2 children looking to go to C cup. Finding it difficult to choose between 325 & 350, (difference sounds little) but afraid 350 would bring me to D size. What is the difference between them and would it be great enough for me to notice?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

25 cc difference

+1

If you can tell the difference between 25 cc's then you are better than the majority of patients and doctors. 

325 vs. 350 cc implants

+1

The difference is 25 cc of volume which is marginal for noticeability and a few millimeters in width which is also minimal. 

If you are a mid B cup and want to look like a mid C cup you should use a low profile saline-filled implant that is about 3/4 cm narrower than the width of your breast upright with your arms down. In a gel this would be the lowest profile which is usually called a moderate profile. A medium profile saline (mid profile gel) would increase your apparent breast size by about one and a half cup sizes which would be a borderline C/D.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

325 cc and 350 cc breast implants: the difference is less than 2 tablespoons

+1

IF you are aiming for a C cup,  I would advise the 325 but in reality you are discussing only a 25 cc difference which is extremely difficult to detect and amounts to less than 2 tablespoons!

Choosing breast implant size is individual and three dimensional.

+1

Choosing breast implants for breast augmentation has multiple variables and really does not totally depend on implant volume. To ease your concern, 25 ccs is likely not going to be noticeable on someone your size and that volume is a good start. Bear in mind you have had children which stretches out the breast skin and tissue, as well as implant type, shape and your chest shape. Typically I give my patients a 50cc size range and use a temporary sizer in the operating room for the final breast volume. I hope this helps.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

When choosing between 325 cc & 350 cc implants - Go with the 350cc

+1

The difference between 325 cc and 350 cc implants is VERY small. I have yet to meet a woman who felt guilty for NOT choosing a slightly larger breast implant in this range. It is unlikely to bring about a major change but will give you a little bit more fullness.

Size difference between 325 and 350 cc implants

+1

The difference is 5 teaspoons, or slightly less than a shot glass.  Most of the difference is in the diameter.  It will be tough to tell the difference and I don't believe that 25 cc's in and of itself will make the difference between two cup sizes.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Implant sizing questions are important to get answered before your operation

+1

There is about a 'shot glass' of volume difference between the two implants- there is also a small difference in base diameter between the two implants- but that is only a few millimeters. Your best bet is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and have accurate measurements of your chest dimensions taken. Based on your aesthetic preferences, an implant can be selected with these measurements in mind that will approximate the 'look' that you are seeking.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

The difference in 325cc and 350cc implants is less than 2 tablespoons.  Unfortunately patients often become fixated on absolute sizes.  I doubt that a 350cc implant would take you to a D-cup.  However, you must remember that there is a great deal of variation in cup sizes especially among different manufacturers.

John Whitt, MD

Tiny difference Between 325cc and 350cc

+1

In reality, there is very little difference between the two.  The 350cc is just a little bit bigger, but that little difference will not jump you from a C to a D if that is what you are worried about.  I always tell my patients to err with the larger implant if we are trying to decide between the two - 98% of all women who get breast augmentation  wish they had gone a little bit bigger at the 3 month mark.  If you go with the slightly larger one, then when you still feel that you could have gone a little larger, you at least know in your mind that you went with the larger implant.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon