How Long Should You Wait to Get Pregnant After Having Breast Implants?

how long should i wait to concieve after having breast implants and are there any risks? i had small breast implants under the muscle 2 months ago but i really want to have another baby asap! my surgeon said there isnt a certain amount of time i have to wait but i want to double check if thats true and if its safe on the implants if i were to concieve now as it hasnt been that long?

Pregnancy after implants

+1

I think that as long as your breasts are completely healed and there is no present risk of problems, you probably can go ahead and try to get pregnanat in the next few months. But I would first check with your doctor.

Pregnancy after breast augmentation

+1

There are no definite risks or effects on pregnancy after breast augmentation. The usual question is whether the breasts have recovered from the augmentation before the effects of pregnancy. Generally it takes two weeks to heal after breast augmentation and it takes two months or so for the breasts to be settled into long term look and feel although full recovery of sensation and scar fading can take a year. At this point the effects due to pregnancy could be judged better. In general, I tell patients that pregnancy is more important than breast augmentation and they should do what they think is best for the pregnancy. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Pregancy after breast implants and augmentation

+1

Studies have been conducted which show that the pregnancy itself has more to do with causing sagging (ptosis) after pregnancy than nursing itself. Therefore be prepared to accept some degree of sagging with your breast tissue over the underlying implant. Having said that, it probably would be safe for you to concieve at this point in time.

There is NO reason to wait to get pregnant after a Breast Augmentation

+1

Ideally, you should wait to have your Breast Augmentation AFTER completing your family. This is especially true if you were planning on another child 2 months ago. Pregnancy will stretch your breasts and probably cause some sagging.

But there is no scientific reason why should wait to become pregnant after having a Breast Augmentation. If you are otherwise healthy and are ready for the experience and the challenge you can proceed at any time.

Pregnancy After Breast Augmentation - Timing and Safety

+1

There is not a defined amount of time that you need to wait before getting pregnant.  Given  that you are two months out from the surgery already, eveything should be well healed and in a good position.  Getting pregnant now should not effect the surgery in any way at this point.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon