Will I See a Big Change With Only 300cc's a Cheek?

I'm 5' 7 38-30-39 148lbs... My doctor only feels he can lipo 1.5 liters so at best I could get about 300 cc per cheek....sure my waist will be a little better but will my butt look any fuller with lipo to the abdomen, lower back, and flanks?

The Absolute Volume of Fat is not as Important as Other Details in Brazilian Butt Lift Outcome

+1

Hi there-

Whether or not the volume of fat to be grafted for you will achieve or approximate your goals will depend on many things that are not possible to know without examining you...

If you are not confident your goals will be approximated, ask your surgeon what your options may be...

Brazilian butt lift is 300 mL enough

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. I have done several liposuction's and fat injections on people who weigh less than 148 pounds and have gotten a good change in the buttocks.

In my opinion the liposuction plays a major role in improving the look of the buttocks. If you narrow the waist the buttocks will look better. I think of the liposuction is a cake and the fat injection as the icing. It's possible that you may be able to remove more than 1.5 L during liposuction so you have more to harvest. In thin patients I will sometimes liposuction the arms and the inner thighs in order to get as much fat as possible for the injection. There's one other thing to consider the Brazilian butt lift and liposuction are not waived changing procedures. These procedures change storage locations. Most of my patients weights will not change more than 4 or 5 pounds even with a large liposuction. So if you take a storage area way from the stomach and waist then another storage area the buttocks will have to take over and will get larger. When I seen with with my liposuction's and my abdominoplasty's in patients who have not had a fat injection after I take away the storage area from the waist their buttocks it gets bigger because it compensates for the loss of storage in other areas.

You don't always have to have a lot of fat to make a change in the buttocks. You can still have dramatic changes in shape in thin patients.

Wendell Perry, MD

Yes you will, but will the difference be enough

+1

There will be the combined affect of the liposuction of the lower back, hips, and thighs to make the buttock appear larger.  The additional 300 ml of fat per side will help but it may not be as much as you desire.  The bigger question is whether you have more fat available for grafting.  If you do, there is a good chance that you would benefit from receiving more than 300 ml as this is close to the minimum that I will do per buttock side for most individuals.  Of course, examination of your body and discussion with you would answer that question more definitively.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Amount Of Fat Needed For Buttock Augmentation

+1

Most likely you will see a change in the size of your buttocks due to the dual effect of actual buttock enlargement from the fat injections and reduction in the contours around the buttocks from the liposuction. This 'ying and yang' effect is what will make for a more pleasing buttocks shape. In the end, improving the appearance of the buttocks is about enhancing its contours and not just about a size increase alone. Given your body size based on your height and weight, 300cc is about the right injection volume that will not only create a visible enlargement but is also inclined to optimally survive as well. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

300 cc buttocks enhancement

+1

Hello!

300 cc is a medium size implant. Saying that, if your taller and needer an implant i would choose something bigger if you want a bigger effect.  Make sure you look at pictures of women your build . And also remember, fat does die and multiple sessions maybe needed!

Have a great Day!

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon