Is a 300cc breast implant 275 grams?

300cc is the fill volume of this implant, which is a silicone elastomer bag weighing about 15g

+2

When filled with exactly 300cc of saline, this implant will weigh 315grams. But it will be "under-filled" and will have visible rippling and possible early deflation. "Proper" fill for a 300cc implant is about 315cc-340cc, depending on manufacturer. When I use saline implants, I make the final overfill judgment in the operating room where I can assess the patient's overlying tissue (muscle, breast, and skin) tension and resultant pressure on the implants.

BTW, if you weigh yourself right after surgery you will weigh as much as 5 or 6 pounds heavier than when you went into the operating room! This is because your body retains fluid for a few days to weeks after surgery or trauma. You didn't suddenly gain weight!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

A 300cc breast implant weights how much?

+1

300 cc's equals 300 gms.  That is part of the beauty of the metric system.  One also has to add the weight of the shell and valve.  This is usually about 15 gms for this size implant.  Bottom line answer.  Your 300 cc implant, if filled with 300cc's of normal saline, weighs 315 grams. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

300cc breast implant is just over 300 grams

+1

The density of both the saline and silicone gel implant are very similar, and practically speaking the 300cc implant is about one gram per cc, just over though very close to 300 grams.

peterejohnsonmd

300 cc implant

+1

A 300 cc implant is 300 ccs or 300 gms+/- the weight of the implant shell.  Metric is metric.   A 275 cc implant is 275 gms+/- the weight of the implant shell.

Weight of 300cc gel filled implant?

+1

Dear Scottish Suzy82,

Great question.  Just weighed a 300 cc Mentor implant and it weighed in at 315 grams. 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

How much does a 300 cc implant weigh

+1

Dear Suzy82  in Scotland:

A 300 cc implant weighs slightly more than 300 grams, 10.6 oz. or about 2/3 rd's of a pound.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon