I Am 29 with a Size 40K Bra. I Am 189 Pounds. If I Lose 60 Pounds Will my Breast Sag?

I am 29, I have 5 children (9yr-7yr-4yr 1-yr and a 3 month old. I am 5'3 and I went to get my breast sized, and they told me I was a DD (which makes no sense), because my bra is a K...I do not like getting undressed in front of my husband. I hate myself because of how big they are. I feel disgusted,and I am embarrassed (to say the least). My ideal weight is 125lbs-130lbs (I do believe). I am up in the 180's, would my best bet be to lose weight? And will they really sag once I do? Thanks.

Breast Change after Weight Loss?

+1

Yes, it is very likely that your breasts will change (size and position) with 60 pound weight loss. If you are contemplating the weight loss then it would be in your best interest to have the breast surgery after you have  reached your long-term stable weight. This will improve your chances of achieving your goals and minimize the chances that revision surgery will be necessary afterwards.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Large breast size

+1

Hello Mpete: Losing weight may or may not affect your breast size; many women tell me that if they lose weight, they often don't lose it in the breast.  My guess is that if you did lose that much weight, then yes your breasts would sag; the breasts don't really have a lot of support on the chest wall, and as we age, the skin and breast tissues  become even looser (obviously other things affect appearance including pregnancies).  Breast reduction surgery can make your breasts more proportional to the rest of your body, and often with smaller breast it is easier to exercise.  If your goal is to lose the weight you stated, then I would do this first and let this stabilize; then seek the breast reduction. I would get several opinions and discuss your goals; although no one can promise you a specific breast (cup) size; the goal is to achieve breasts that are more comfortable and in "sync" with the rest of  your body. Good luck

Breast reduction

+1

If you are planning to lose that much weight (i.e. to 125-130), then I recommend not having surgery at this time; however, if that is not your plan, then a breast reduction would be a good option.  It is a great operation, and the vast majority of patient are happy with their decision.

Breast Reduction - Will I Sag If I Lose 50 Pounds? Should I Wait Before Having Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Hi Mpete,

It's impossible to say for sure (and even harder without being able to examine you and see what you look like now) but I would say that it's very likely that you'll sag if you go from 180 to 125 or 130 pounds.  It's hard to imagine that you wouldn't.

I usually advise that patients get as close to their ideal body weight as they can reasonably maintain before proceeding with surgery such as a breast reduction, lipo or tummy tuck.  It doesn't really make sense to do the surgery and then undergo a 30% reduction in your weight.  That being said, it may not be that easy to really lose that weight and, even more so, to keep it off.  And the discrepancy in bra size is hard to explain unless you already have some excess skin (which can throw off the bra size since you need a wider cup to "hold" the skin in).  If that's the case the you will almost certainly sag more than are now if you lose that weight.

My advice would be to lose the weight and, once stable, go see a few plastic surgeons near you for consultations.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

+1

My GUESS with a 60 pound weight loss is YES the breasts shouls "sag" The degree is unpredictable to the amount of decent. Seek in person evaluations in AZ from a boarded PS 

Breast reduction

+1

It is always healthier to be closer to your ideal weight. But you are right in thinking that considerable weight loss may affect the breasts and cause sagging. However, it is unlikely to make your breasts small enough for comfort. Breast reduction should assist with that and also make the breasts perkier and more lifted.

Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

+1

Without seeing pictures of your breasts or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, if you are not at or close to your ideal weight and you have that as a goal, then you should achieve that weight before having surgery.  However, if you do not plan to loose that weight or if you think loosing the weight is unrealistic, then you should go ahead and have the breast reduction.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Questions about very large breasts, weight loss and lack of self confidence

+1

Your situation is a very understandable and common one - and with an effective solution. First regarding cup size, there is no official standard so that one company's "DD" bra may be identical to another company's "F" or "G" bra. Furthermore, so called bra fitters may not be as helpful and accurate as they think they are. So - don't be bothered by these arbitary labels. What ultimately counts are their size, shape and proportionality to your body.

With regard to your weight, it would be in your best interest to lose as much of it as possible before you undergo a breast reduction. The results will be more predictable and longer lasting. Even if you can get down to around 140 - 145 lbs - that would be a reasonable compromise. With the weight loss, your breasts will be smaller to some extent and droopy/droopier.

Ultimately when you are somewhat near your ideal body weight, a well performed breast reduction can provide you with rejuvenated, smaller and shapelier breasts that should allow you to look and feel more attractive and confident and less self-conscious. 

Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon with considerable breast reduction experience.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com