Are 275cc Silicone Implants Large Enough to Get C Cups?

I am approximately 160 pounds and 5'6 1/2". I hope to be a C cup after surgery. The surgeon is planning a behind the muscle implant. Thank you.

Breast augmentation before and after

+1

It is important to remember that a C cup to you is the not the same as a C cup to someone else. The size your breasts will be after surgery is dependent on the size your breasts were before surgery. On average about 150ccs is about a cup size. Talk with your surgeon about what he expects as your final cup size and look for pictures of women who are your stature who had a breast augmentation.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and cup size

+1

Hi, this is a very frequently asked question, and the answer is that the right implant size for you is dependent upon the width of your breasts and the characteristics of your breast tissue. It's important for you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who can assess these qualities. I also use implants in the office to determine how large or small she wants to be. All of this information together determines which size and style of implant is eventually placed during surgery. Cup size varies so much from one bra manufacturer to the next that as surgeons we do not find it helpful to use cup size requests alone to determine the implant size. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast implants and cup size. Everyone is different

+1

Ingrid, great question! Breast size after breast augmentation, especially cup size is very arbitrary and varies with patient and bra type. Breast size after augmentation really depends on how much you have before and how much you are adding. A very rough estimate for an average size woman is around 200cc will increase you one cup size. So a 275 cc implant may increase you one cup size, but it all depends on how your bra fits! Discuss it with your plastic surgeon and i hope this helps.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Are 275cc silicone implants large enough to get C cup?

+1

Easy answer, No, Maybe, Yes! As Dr R stated, there is no correlation to size in cc's of the implant to cup size. Go to a boarded Plastic Surgeon to be measured and examined. Than you have the best avenue to make an informed decision.

Remember, the #1 complaint after Breast Augmentation Surgery, is "I wish I had gone bigger".

Regards and good luck.

Do Implant Size and Bra Cup Size Correlate - NO!

+1

You ask a key question about breast augmentation . How do I know what Bra size I will achieve with a certain size implant. It involves much more than putting an implant sizer in your bra which is often decieving and does not correlate well with the result from implant surgery in which an implant is placed below the musle to improve shape and contour . The best way to determine the optimal size for you is to have your board-certified Plastic Surgeon exam you and determine your chest wall diameter and amount of breast tissue so he/she can give you the optimal size for your size, height and weight as well. THERE IS LITTLE TO NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE IMPLANT SIZE AND BRA CUP SIZE.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

How to correlate breast implant size and breast size

+1

The answer to your question depends on several factors. First, is to realize not all bras are made the same way. Therefore,although you may be size X in one bra, you may be a size Y in another bra made from a different manufacturer.

Second, your final breast size is the size of the breast implant PLUS the size of your breast. Two patients with different breast sizes will end up with different cup sizes, even though the same breast size and style is used.

Third, how wide is your chest and back? If you have a very wide chest and back, you may require a larger and wider implant to give you a proportional look.

My recommendation is to try implants with a bra and examine yourself in the mirror. You may realize that a D cup will balance your body more than a C cup and vice versa. In my opinion, focusing on cup size is not as desirable as focusing on what balances your body more.

Since we have been implementing this philosophy in our practice, and the patient trying the implants we recommend, our rate of re-operation due to implant size has been 0% for the past three years.

Best of luck in your decision.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and cup size

+1

It is difficult to nail down cup size to volume of the implant because every bra is different. The best way to determine size is to try one on under your blouse and see if you like the approximate volume for your chest.  Then one can be matched up by the breast width, etc..

Predicting post surgical cup size

+1

It is very difficult to predict post surgical cup size based purely on implant size. Several factors are important to take into consideration. Your current breast size, chest width, and general body habitus are all important, because it is important that your body looks harmonious after the procedure. Choosing to be a 'C' cup is wise, as placing a large implant may increase your risk for early re-operation.

If you are unsure of the implant size, I would suggest that you have another consult with your or another surgeon so that you feel comfortable with the choice. You may want to place the implant in your bra to get a rough idea of your post-surgical appearance.

Lastly, in addition to the above, cup size varies between bra brands, so a 'C' cup in one brand may be a 'D' in another brand;

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

It is the plastic surgeon's responsibility to pick the correct breast implants for you.

+1

Hi!

1) You may find the link below useful.

2) Briefly, your job is only to make sure your surgeon really knows the look you want. A cup size is not enough. Show her or him pictures.

3) And I think it is a mistake for the surgeon to choose exact breast implant size in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

4) We recommend having a large inventory of different implants available in the operating room.

5) Then the surgeon inserts disposable implant SIZERS into the breasts, and can see exactly what a particular size and shape look like inside you, before opening the correct permanent implants. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant sizing.

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR SIZING TECHNIQUE:

Generally, it is my impression that this will not achieve the cup that you desire.

I strongly advise patients to try sizers with desired bras. You can do this in your physicians office or using sizing techniques discussed elsewhere or with commercially available sizers.