Will 250cc Silicone Moderate Plus Implants Be Too Big?

I am considering implants, silicone moderate plus, under the muscle 250cc. I am currently 34A want to be a 34C but i want VERY natural looking breasts, not fake!!! I am 108lbs, 5'3" with BWD 11. Do you think that 250cc will be too big on my frame...natural is my major concern!!! Please give me your thoughts.

I don't think you will be too big.  250cc moderate plus, under the muscle might not get you to a C cup however.  "Natural" is not only dependent on the size but also on making a preper pocket for the implant.  I suggest you bring pictures of your desired results to your PS to make sure you areboth on the same page.

2419 W. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33609

Implant Selection Process

I do not think 250cc will be too big.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Natural results with minimal scars

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go to a size C would require 200 cc implants.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are less likely to ripple and are more stable long term.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you may also benefit from a simultaneous Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique only uses a circumareola incision to place the implant, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift will give you the natural look with the smallest implant possible and least amount of scarring. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

14887 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478

Photos please

Hard to definitively say without photos but judging from your specs, I would say 250ccs should be about right. Staying in the moderate plus profile will keep it more natural plus placement under the muscle.

Did you try in implants with the doctor? If not, you may want to ask to do so. Best of luck. 

Patrick W. Hsu, MD, FACS

929 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024

Will 250cc modertae plus implants be too large for me?

Without photos it is very difficult to suggest a breast implant size. But to achieve a C-cup you, generally, need larger implants. Ultimately, you need to be examined in order to best determine the most appropriate breast implant size for you.

George Lefkovits, MD

9 E. 62nd Street
New York, NY 10021

The average volume for a breast augmentation is 350 cc in the US.  250 cc is well below that volume and would be considered a conservative augmentation at best. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

250cc is very conservative

It will definitely NOT be too big and you will likely wish you went bigger 6-8 weeks after surgery once swelling goes down. I'm not sure who measured your 11cm BW but that's awfully narrow for a 34" chest. I would expect that for a 30 or 32 bra size. I suggest rediscussing with your surgeon or seeking a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon doing at least 200 augmentations per year!

Evan Feldman, MD, FACS
Texas Plastic Surgeon

4690 Sweetwater Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77479

Implant size choic

How did you arrive at your conclusion?  Imaging software?  There is no way to directly answer your question without examining you.  I might suggest that you utilize the Mentor sizing system. You can slip various sizers into a bra and see what you look like in clothes.  It might help you get a sense of what a 250 cc implant might look like.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

1100 East Lake Street
Tyler, TX 75701

Will Implant Be Too Big?

Though it is not possible to determine this without an examination, the information you have provided is very helpfull. A 250 cc implant is fairly conservative and with a base width of 11.0 cm, I would expect an increase from a 34A to a conservative 34C, for someone of your height and weight. That said, I never know exactly what size is best until the implant is placed at surgery. However, it is very infrequent that I use implants smaller than 250 cc and most of my patients  are looking for a natural result. You should discuss your goals and concerns with your surgeon. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

1151 East Paris Ave., SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Choosing Your Breast Implant Size

Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942