Will 250cc Silicone Moderate Plus Implants Be Too Big?

I am considering implants, silicone moderate plus, under the muscle 250cc. I am currently 34A want to be a 34C but i want VERY natural looking breasts, not fake!!! I am 108lbs, 5'3" with BWD 11. Do you think that 250cc will be too big on my frame...natural is my major concern!!! Please give me your thoughts.

+2

I don't think you will be too big.  250cc moderate plus, under the muscle might not get you to a C cup however.  "Natural" is not only dependent on the size but also on making a preper pocket for the implant.  I suggest you bring pictures of your desired results to your PS to make sure you areboth on the same page.

Implant Selection Process

+1

I do not think 250cc will be too big.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natural results with minimal scars

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go to a size C would require 200 cc implants.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are less likely to ripple and are more stable long term.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you may also benefit from a simultaneous Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique only uses a circumareola incision to place the implant, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift will give you the natural look with the smallest implant possible and least amount of scarring. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 250 cc good enough?

+1

You can size at home with a cup of rice in a knee high nylon stocking and put that into your unpadded bra.. is that good enough?  If not, you have to consider going larger.  And as for naturalness, there is nothing natural about implants but the proponents of shaped implants are sure pushing hard that their results look more natural down the road.  I'm not convinced myself as we had considerable experience with the shaped saline implants and those were not better then the smooth round implants.

Curtis Wong, MD

Photos please

+1

Hard to definitively say without photos but judging from your specs, I would say 250ccs should be about right. Staying in the moderate plus profile will keep it more natural plus placement under the muscle.

Did you try in implants with the doctor? If not, you may want to ask to do so. Best of luck. 

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Will 250cc modertae plus implants be too large for me?

+1

Without photos it is very difficult to suggest a breast implant size. But to achieve a C-cup you, generally, need larger implants. Ultimately, you need to be examined in order to best determine the most appropriate breast implant size for you.

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

The average volume for a breast augmentation is 350 cc in the US.  250 cc is well below that volume and would be considered a conservative augmentation at best. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

250cc is very conservative

+1

It will definitely NOT be too big and you will likely wish you went bigger 6-8 weeks after surgery once swelling goes down. I'm not sure who measured your 11cm BW but that's awfully narrow for a 34" chest. I would expect that for a 30 or 32 bra size. I suggest rediscussing with your surgeon or seeking a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon doing at least 200 augmentations per year!

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant size choic

+1

How did you arrive at your conclusion?  Imaging software?  There is no way to directly answer your question without examining you.  I might suggest that you utilize the Mentor sizing system. You can slip various sizers into a bra and see what you look like in clothes.  It might help you get a sense of what a 250 cc implant might look like.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Will 250cc be too big for natural results?

+1

At first glance and without an exam I would say you are conservative but the final result is really created in the operating room. Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

Raj S. Ambay, MD