19 Yo Juvederm in Tear Troughs? (photo)

im 19 and im questioning on getting some type of work done for my tear troughs. they are really noticeable and i want to get rid of them what are my options juvederm or an eye lift?

Restylane for 19 Year Old?

+3

Hi Twix. Your situation is unique in that the tear trough issue is not caused by age, but rather by genetics.  It's just the shape of your face.

You are a candidate for this procedure, but we prefer Restylane in the area to Juvederm.  We typically use 1-2 cc and the procedure lasts 9-12 months.  Good luck.

Filler for the tear trough

+2

Restylane works fantastic for this area, and I prefer it over Juvederm. The Restylane will last 8-12 months in that area. From here, I would recommend contacting a physician who has a great deal of experience injecting filler. He or she will be able to best assess your needs during a consult and recommend the best treatment for you. Thanks and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tear trough filler

+2

Dear twix468,

• I also prefer Restylane in the tear trough because Juvederm can cause some unpredictable swelling that might make eye bags look worse
  • We use an injector cannula that does not causing any bruising and minimal swelling, but if a needle is used, be prepared for the possibility of some bruising
  • Your results would look fantastic

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Tear Troughs Treated with Restylane or Juvederm

+1

Restylane is preferable over Juvederm for the tear troughs and experience is key for successful reuvenation of this area to replace genetically related loss of volume.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Restylane to Tear Troughs Instead of Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is good for many areas, but to the tear trough Restylane is probably a better choice over Juvederm.

Tear trough fillers do help diminish appearance of under eye circles

+1

Injecting a filler such as Restylane to the tear troughs would help lift the eye and therefore hiding and shadows which cause a darker under eye circle.  Typically touch-ups are needed every 6 months to 1 year or so.  It depends on what you are happy with in your appearance.  

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane for the tear troughs

+1

You are a good candidate for Restylane which I prefer over Juvederm for tear troughs.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who  has experience in treated the tear troughs.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial Fillers

+1

Facial Fillers can certainly be utilized to improve tear troughs. My choice for filler in this region would be Restylane. This treatment is perfomred as an in office procedure with topical aneshetic and ice packs applied prior to the procedure. Restylane L also has licodaine (anesthetic) mixed in with the Restylane to further help with the patients comfort.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid filler in 19 year old

+1

From the photo, you appear to be good candidate for lower eyelid tear trough hyaluronic acid gel filler injections (Restylane better than Juvederm for this area).  This type of filler has even been used in pediatric population for other causes, so it is safe to use.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

19 Yo Juvederm in Tear Troughs?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. I might try Restylane first, because shorter lasting filler. Just to be safe.