Is 19 Too Young for Breast Implants?

I am 19 years old. Will my breasts develop anymore? Am I too young for breast implants? I have been a size 32A ever since 9th grade in high school. I feel like my breasts just never really developed and wonder if there is a chance that they will grow some more. I am tired of being flat. Thanks for the help.

Breast implants for 19 year-old

+2

We women are incredibly aware of our breast appearance-- maybe even more than men are. Breasts are sexual and sensual, a big part of what makes us women, and they can dictate our sense of attractiveness and desirability (for better or worse). Many women embrace this procedure because it carries little risk of complication and because an implant can be inserted through a tiny incision and is a quick, nearly scarless operation. There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision.

Breast augmentation surgery is routinely performed in a surgeon’s office. You will be given a local anesthetic and twilight sedation during the length of the surgery, which is typically one to two hours. You will feel relaxed but not too groggy during recovery. When you wake up, you’ll probably feel as if your breasts are pushed up to your chin. Part of this is imaginary, but as to the part that is real, don’t panic, the swelling will usually go down in about two weeks. It is also possible that you will have some pain postoperatively, but this should get better within a few days.

The procedure is fine for a healthy 19 year old as long as your expectations are realistic and you have an understanding of the commitment needed for the healing process. Make sure that you understand the nature of your surgery, the recovery process, and that you feel comfortable and emotionally ready to make these changes to your body.

Is 19 Too Young for Breast Implants?

+1

"I am 19 years old. Will my breasts develop anymore? " The answer is yes. Your breasts will develop and change with oral contraceptives, hormones,. weight gain/loss,. pregnancy, menopause, etc.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

19 and implants

+1

By the age of 19 you should probably be fully developed.  It should be no problem to get implants. However you are only allowed to have saline at this time.

Too Young For Breast Implants?

+1

Most women will see the vast majority of their breast growth and development through their adolescent years.  By age 18, the breasts are nearly fully developed with slight changes to come.  That being said there is no way to be 100% sure that your breast development is complete, but if you haven't demonstrated significant breast tissue by age 19, it is likely that very little will change.  Thus, breast surgery is a very reasonable option if your lack of breast size is an issue for you.

I would recommend seeing several board certified plastic surgeons in your area as well as discussing this at length with your parents as electing to proceed with surgery is a serious decision and should not be taken lightly. However, I have many, many patients who are elated about their breast augmentation results and additional patients who wonder why they waited so long.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon